Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm venturing into a world I've not yet stepped into.

I'm buying a single cam bow. A Marquis, to be specific.

So far, all I've owned are dual cam bows, and I've owned a lot of them. I decided to try something new this year and got rid of all of my dual cams.

What am I getting myself into? I know the old wives tale of not needing to tune a single cam, but I call B.S. A bow is a bow is a bow, and bows need to be tuned.

I have everything at my disposal besides a draw board and a hooter shooter. I suppose I could build a draw board if you folks think its necessary.

Bow should arrive Tuesday, so I'd like to have a good idea of what I'm looking at when it gets here.

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
8,600 Posts
Single cams are pretty easy. There is no "timing", but there is a certain "cam position". Sometimes this is in a manual, or a reference mark on the cam, or whatever. You can twist the cable or string to correct it. The only other relative issue is "idler lean" on the top wheel. You basically want the string coming off of it straight at full draw. You twist one side of the y-yoke to adjust this. For tiller, i usually bottom-out the limbs, and then back them off evenly to my desired weight.

Other than that, it's just nocking point and centershot, just like your other bows.

· Registered
1,064 Posts
Shoot the bow enough to settle the string etc. Install a peep shoot 20-30 times and adjust peep if required so it pulls back in the right postion.

Check axle to axle both sides, check brace height and draw weight.

If your axle to axle is correct get the timing dot on the bottom cam 4/16" above the limb face.

My nock height is 1/64" above dead level. And the centre shot when broadhead tuned is 1/8" of an inch in towards the riser from dead centre.

The Diamiond Marquis a dead cert target/hunting machine, mine has not altered its state of tune in 6 months since set. When the axle to axle is correct both sides there will be idler lean but when at full draw it all comes straight.

390gr 60lbs 29" DL 270-273fps. I smoked three hogs with mine last week from 80lbs to 150lbs. Its a smooth draw, good back wall and pretty quick. I promise you wont be dissapointed.

Here is a hog I smoked with my Marquis last week.

· Registered
714 Posts
nice hog!!,,,i went on a hunt last month and had a great time!!
as far as single cam bows,there the easiest to mess with,,you dont have to much worry about timing,or is one limb is a little tighter or looser then the other.
with that marquie,,just set it up and SHOOT IT!!
dont worry about the rest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.