·
Registered
2,959 Posts
It takes a while for all that Mathew Solo Cam Psy Op effect to wear off

·
Registered
PSE Stinger Max
868 Posts
GENERALLY I side on getting a new hobby/act instead of improving an existing one by a small percent.

In other words, buy a telescope or 3d printer instead of a new cell phone or bow assuming you have a perfectly fine bow or phone.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I am looking at upgrading my Bowtech Fanatic 3.0 (indoor spots) for a bow with a smoother draw cycle. I am thinking about a PSE Citation 40 with the SE cams and 40-50 pound limbs.

But with that said: I keep going back to buying a used Mathews Conquest 4 that has my draw length and 40- 50 pound limbs. It's setup for bowhuntet class. It is over priced, but it is cheaper than an $1800 new bow.

·
Registered
PSE Stinger Max
868 Posts
I am looking at upgrading my Bowtech Fanatic 3.0 (indoor spots) for a bow with a smoother draw cycle. I am thinking about a PSE Citation 40 with the SE cams and 40-50 pound limbs.

But with that said: I keep going back to buying a used Mathews Conquest 4 that has my draw length and 40- 50 pound limbs. It's setup for bowhuntet class. It is over priced, but it is cheaper than an $1800 new bow.
A little off topic but....

The company I work for has this thing we do. They put the most silly expensive thing in the front and don't get me wrong, while it is nice, it is there to impress people with the quality of stuff we get and to make everything else seem more reasonable.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have gone back to Single Cam Bows. The 2 that I shoot now are older Bear Bows. Neither are speed demons but I have found that the handle the Heavier high FOC arrows better. The also shoot faster than my recurve lol

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It seems that today most shooters think the older technology single cam bows are too slow. Most also think you need dual cam bows and today's technology. I am not hunting with it and all my targets are set at a specified distance. The speed does not matter to me.

·
"Keep Hammering"
8,066 Posts
I loved shooting my Helim as it was such a good drawing bow, But honestly it has no benefits over my V3!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I was shooting a Concept Archery P50 single cam and I’ve never had better 3-D scores my whole life. It was very quiet, easy to draw, and 80 or 99% letoff. Rated at 312 fps.Shot like a dream. Now I got to do alittle tuning on it and we’ll be at it again..

·
Registered
Compound and bare bow recurve.
842 Posts
I still shoot single cam bows from Bear and Mathews, but my new Hoyt is 20 FPS faster with the same hunting arrow.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
In target archery the paper spots and foam are not alive. They do not know and do not care about the speed of the arrow. When an archer uses a slow 180 fps arrow from a recurve bow and kills a deer, hog, elk etc, the animals are not trying to figure out the speed of the arrow. I say quit worrying about the speed of the arrow and work on your form and technique. Then go practice a lot more than you do. Mr. Ken

21 - 31 of 31 Posts