Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to buy a new release before season (unfortunately mine just broke).I use a string loop and was looking at the Scott Mongoose and Little Goose tonight. I like the buckle strap on them but really couldn't decide which of the two I liked more. Also, the Mongoose is a single caliper release. Are these better for string loops or do you prefer the dual caliper models? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

· Registered
3,284 Posts
i personally like singles like the tru ball short and sweet.

· Registered
282 Posts
Sorry if this is a hijack...but what is the difference in releases that are more like an actual trigger that seems to click openj (you barely touch it and your arrow is gone) and one like mine (T.R.U. Ball Stinger) that is more like a lever in that it moves as you move the trigger and gradually opens, rather than the second you put pressure on the trigger, the release opens completely.

· Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am asking this because the only 2 experiences I have had with releases are with a Tru Ball Tornado (dual caliper) and a Cobra Green Mambe (single caliper). I anchor with my knuckle on my index finger touching my earlobe and want a release that has a trigger that sits further back than the head of the release. I don't like to "reach" for the trigger. Any suggestions are definitely welcome!

· Registered
2,615 Posts
I used to have a tru ball dual caliper with the d-loop and it was ok. This year I made the switch to a Carter quickie 1 and the difference is night and day. Open hook that you can hook by feel and trigger is so much more precise.
check them out

http://carterenterprises.com/products/quickie1plus.htm

· Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ibjpn. Anyone with experience with the Scott Mongoose or Little Goose?

· Registered
2,526 Posts
Thanks ibjpn. Anyone with experience with the Scott Mongoose or Little Goose?
I have both the little and reg goose and much prefer the LG. That having been said the new LG has the trigger set more forward than older models.

For the above mentioned reason, I now use old style buckle/base of LG and new LG release trigger mech attached to achieve perfect set up for me.

Edit: Haven't used the Goose since first trying the LG

Hope this helps.

· Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ttt

· Registered
435 Posts
I myself have come to love the single caliper release, in particular the now defunct Cobra Black Mamba. But try both styles out and see which works better for you.

· saskarcher
5,124 Posts
I have a couple itty bitty goose's ;) the same workings as the little goose with a a single jaw
some say that the single jaw is more accurate as it can only release in one way
not sure if its true or not, but they are good releases
i have the velcro and buckle strap and prefer the buckle.. FWIW :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.