Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For hunting whitetails from a treestand 90% of the time would you recommend a .010 or .019 sight pin on a single pin sight, and what sight would you recommend?

·
Banned
113 Posts
I am old and I use .10 pins on a good quality sight .10 is plenty bright and if you can not see the pin it is after legal shooting the .10 helps you aim small miss small.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I dont use a single pin but i do use sights that have .10 pins now over the .19 pin size i started out with.

For me the .10 pin size produces more accurate and consistent groups out too 40 yards because they don't cover the spots on my bag target, so in turn I can dial them in even more for groups.

I thought going too .10 size pins would be wrong because they are so small I figured I would have a hard time finding them on a deer in low light but I have found its not a problem.

If I can't see my pins plus see the spot I want my arrow too hit its too dark to take a shot no matter the size of the pin.

Hope this helps you sir.

·
"Shock n Awe"
3,750 Posts
19 for me. As bad as my eyes are getting I wish I could get a 29 for my axcel

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had trouble seeing the .10 pin, so have opted for the .19 due to failing eye sight. My anchor does not allow me to use the lens of my glasses for aiming. I shoot while viewing pin/target through the gap between my nose and lens frame. The 2x lens on my HHA slider has helped a bit, as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have trouble seeing the .010 pins as well but if you can see them I think they do help accuracy. interesting thought the have a hybrid sight with a combination of .010 & .019

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
For a hunting sight where your shooting 30 yds or so max I’d say .019 is perfect. Anything past 30 for me and the .010 works better as it doesn’t cover up as much of the target.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts