Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been pondering the consistant anchor point theory, and find myself wondering if I am missing something, or if my thinking is correct.

When I first started shooting, I had nobody to show me the ropes. I just kinda learned as I went. So when I first started, I used to shoot by centering the pin in the peep (1/8 Tru Peep). Having pins set at 20,30, and 40 yards, I was always shifting my anchor to center the pin in the peep. Thats just how I learned to shoot, and it worked fine for me. The last 3 years I have learned to center the housing in the peep, and just raise or lower my bow arm.

I am now switching to a movable housing single pin sight. In my thinking, to shoot this type of sight properly, you must change your anchor for different yardage settings.

Doesnt this throw the whole " you have to have a consistant anchor point to shoot properly" theory out the window? Or is there something I am missing ?

I would like some opinions, so I can get the mental part worked out in my head :confused::doh:

·
Registered
774 Posts
You answered your own question . Center the pin housing and raise and lower your bow arm . You always want the same anchor point . :) Dave

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
same anchor

No reason to move your anchor. You will be able to center the housing with the peep without moving your anchor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts