Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased a Hogg Father sight and replaced the HHA I was using previously. I didnt have any clearance issues out to 90 yards, however I was hoping to have a bit more range with the Hogg Father. I just cant seem to get much more than 75-80 yards without potential clearance issues.

Any ideas on what I can do to gain more range and increase clearance?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Moving your anchor down (raise peep sight) will give you more range. Not sure what it will do to your form, but you'll get more range for sure. I used to have to do this for shooting NFAA Field events. I couldn't reach the 80meter targets otherwise (slow target bow with heavy arrows in 1989). I didn't just move my anchor for this target, though ... I had to adjust to the new anchor and leave it there for everything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A super lightweight arrow will gain you a few yards, but other than lowerimg your anchor and moving your peep up you won't gain much.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A super lightweight arrow will gain you a few yards, but other than lowerimg your anchor and moving your peep up you won't gain much.
Wonder how much moving peep will actually gain, without effecting my form.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Wonder how much moving peep will actually gain, without effecting my form.
Problem with moving your peep up is that it causes you to 'reach' more at longer distances, and you end up 'floating' your anchor a lot more.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem with moving your peep up is that it causes you to 'reach' more at longer distances, and you end up 'floating' your anchor a lot more.
That's a good point, just wanting to get most out of this sight.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I was able to adjust the peep height a little bit, I have not had the chance to shoot yet.

Hoping this give me some more clearance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts