Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase my first single pin sight and have it down to Axcel Accutouch Carbon Pro and MBG Ascent Verdict 4 inch dovetail. I have read quite a bit about the Axcel and have read that some were concerned with its pin brightness and that the .010 pin size appears smaller then its advertised size. I have hardly read much about the MBG Verdict so any in put on the two would be appreciated. I will be using it for 3D and Hunting . Thanks!

·
Speed thrills KE kills!
1,696 Posts
I own the axcel and agree, the pin brightness is not the best, but i have a light so no problem there. I know the MBG's are good sights but the lackluster fit and finish turns me off. Have you seen the new Spott Hogg Fast Eddie XL? It's pretty schweet. I'm gonna order one, it has a lightweight dovetail bar. http://spot-hogg.com/sights/

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I own the axcel and agree, the pin brightness is not the best, but i have a light so no problem there. I know the MBG's are good sights but the lackluster fit and finish turns me off. Have you seen the new Spott Hogg Fast Eddie XL? It's pretty schweet. I'm gonna order one, it has a lightweight dovetail bar. http://spot-hogg.com/sights/
I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
I know its a little price dif. But check out The hogg father. The sight is money.

Im getting my second in a few days

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know its a little price dif. But check out The hogg father. The sight is money.

Im getting my second in a few days
Will do. Thanks

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any others?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I just ordered yesterday,a mbg pure driven 75 .010 from s and s archery.Best prices around and awesome customer service

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the responses! I'll check them out.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Just got the Fast Eddie XL and also have a MBG Ascent. I like the pin brightness on the MBG better but thats it. The Fast Eddie is much better in every other way and the pin is plenty bright.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Love the BlackGold Verdict, just turned one into a no peep set up.

Tougher and brighter pins!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I shoot a CBE TEK HYBRID single pin .010. Love it.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got the Fast Eddie XL and also have a MBG Ascent. I like the pin brightness on the MBG better but thats it. The Fast Eddie is much better in every other way and the pin is plenty bright.
Can you preset the Fast Eddie XL to a chosen distance?

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
I had the Accutouch,it was a bad ass sight,but it was just to "busy" for me. Sold it and bought a used CBE tek-hybrid for $120. Love it and have a lot more $ in my pocket. I mostly hunt ,but shoot 3d when I can. Heck,I won a long-distance 3d shoot with a beat up Tru Glo Range Rover.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I went with the Axcel Accutouch Carbon single pin green, .019. Not very bright. Nice sight but it is very busy for hunting. I can live with the busy because the sight seems to be solid and after you are comfortable with all the knobs and features, it's second nature. The dim single pin kinda sucks. Looks like, for me, the light is a must and the bow will get busier with the light. No biggie but another $25 addition to the bow but more important, another thing to go wrong.

·
OEF VI VET
6,681 Posts
My 2016 MBG Verdict arrived yesterday but it is a 3 pin model. I will tell you the dial is super smooth, consistent and accurate with no rough or soft spots. The amount of tension/force needed to spin the dial feels perfect to me. The angled sight tape surface is great and the indicator needle is easy to see and can be moved/indexed which is very nice. The larger sight level is nice and I like the way its now mounted to the sight ring because its easier to move and set. The sight is silent, lightweight and very bright. I am very pleased with the sight and glad I shelled out the cash for the new Verdict instead of getting a used Ascent. At this point I cant find a thing to dislike about the sight or be unhappy with.

·
Mark
5,699 Posts
I have MBG Acent Ambush 0.019 green pin. Great hunting sight due to auto pin brightness control, easy to adjust dial and a very good sight. Zero complaints here.

·
HHA products SUCK
14,155 Posts
I have tried just about every premium single pin sight in the last 4-5 years. Even that so not worth it Trijicon mess (*and trij makes great gun related items).

Between your two selection , both are a solid option. The MBG pins are as is a little brighter. The MBG slider is a little more clunky and not quite as refined IMO as the Carbon Pro. I never liked the tension of the slider and the housing was think, and kind of bulky-more bulky that I like.

I had the regular HD Accutouch and I noticed a bit of noise (buzz) on 2 out of 3 last year. That drove me insane. So I went back to the Hogg Father (solid but HEAVY) and the CBE Tek hybrid pro (great sight, metal sight tapes, lighter).

However setting up my Obsession M7 last night I put my new Carbon pro on. Sight is fairly light, and NO BUZZ. the features I like and it may look intense, but it's easy and adjustable while remaining a typical solid offering from Axcel.

I'll post up a few pics of the CBE and the carbon pro here in a few mins…

1 - 20 of 29 Posts