Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at trading for a single pin sight. Choices are a trophy ridge single pin and an apex single pin. Anyone have experience with either? brightness and durability my main concerns

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I know this is not one of your chieces,I use a sure loc sportsman special.great sight.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
east-mans did a review of some sliders and single pins don't remember right of the top of my head which ones but it was a reasonable right up.

·
Hunt Now-Not Later
3,303 Posts
sorry to add confusion, but sword centurion!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just want to know why the HHA are the best single sight's?
Right now I'm using a low dollar 3-pin sight and been wanting to go to a single pin myself.I wont switch untill the season is over(JAN. 2).Thanks.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
HHAs are very durable and bright plus have a great warranty. The ones with the gears are amazing to be precise plus they have the adjustable rheostat housing which can make the pin completely dull or as bright or brighter than any other sight. this model is the 5519 but the slider without housing is 5019

·
Registered
737 Posts
Vital Bow Gear Sights are tops

Vital Gear not only as a super bright Pin but had fiber Optics to show you what range you are set on

Like its 20, 25, 30, 35 & 40 Each yardage has a different color fiber Optic In 2011 they will have two lines one cheaper made in Chine and a more expensive set made in the USA

You have to see it to believe it

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
i agree

sorry to add confusion, but sword centurion!
i have the sword titan on all three of my bows but they are pricey, the trident and centurion are nice too, sword makes awesome sights, beats anything i have used. can not go wrong with one. plus with the sword the lens goes in back side of the sight pin not in on the front, which makes better for target shooting also.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,207 Posts
Apex is made by Tru Glo I do believe and Tru Glo is known for their brightness.

Trophy Ridge does make some great sights and rests as well.

Keep in mind, we have some great deals in our classifieds on sights that are like new. So if you have a budget you might be able to get a higher dollar sight that fits within your budget.

Good luck!

BTW: I just got an HHA off here and I am very impressed with it.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
HHA for me

I have one on both my bows. Greatest sight out there IMO. Bright pin and rugged built. Plus made in the USA

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
would never get another trophy ridge. Just didn't like it

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
I am looking at trading for a single pin sight. Choices are a trophy ridge single pin and an apex single pin. Anyone have experience with either? brightness and durability my main concerns
i have used both and prefer the apex, their brighter, and i have seen the v drive stle from trophy crawl with every shot..

using the apex atomic rover now and like it a lot with .010 pin

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
Apex is made by Tru Glo I do believe and Tru Glo is known for their brightness.

Trophy Ridge does make some great sights and rests as well.

Keep in mind, we have some great deals in our classifieds on sights that are like new. So if you have a budget you might be able to get a higher dollar sight that fits within your budget.

Good luck!

BTW: I just got an HHA off here and I am very impressed with it.

i have used both and prefer the apex, their brighter, and i have seen the v drive stle from trophy crawl with every shot..

using the apex atomic rover now and like it a lot with .010 pin
Amazing. . . . only 2 people passed the comprehensive reading test. :confused: Here's to you 2 :darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts