Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a single pin adjustable sight. This will be a do it all sight serving as indoor, 3d and hunting. I will need something rugged and reliable. I have used the HHA sights in the past and have really liked them. Since then HHA has seen their profits grow as their sights become more expensive I'm looking for a lower cost alternative, although I will buy another HHA if they are still the best out there.

Here are the sights I have access to:
Viper Quickset
Cobra EZ Slide
Copper John Mark 4
Extreme Ranger
GWS Talon
HHA Slide Adjust
HHA Ultra Dial Adjust
Spot Hogg Tommy
Trophy Ridge Pursuit
Tru GLO Rover

I'm just looking for opinions from folks that have used any of these sights and what they think of them.

I'm leaning toward the HHA Slider being I have used them in the past but would like to hear what others have to say about the other options out there.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
I'd add CBE to the list :)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have access to the CBE sights. I work at a sporting goods store and get the sights listed at wholesale cost.

·
Socket Man
23,859 Posts
You really need to hold a spothogg boss hogg before you buy anything else and compare it to the hha optimizer. There is no way you will pick the hha after holding the boss hogg next to it or at least I wouldn't. Don't get the tommy hogg, it has the turn knob on the front of the bow and it is just the wrong spot, the boss hogg has it in the rear like hha and it is more ergonomic.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I tried the truglo single and took it back less than a week later. Not sure whether it was just the one I got or that model but it was pretty loose and rattled a bit. The housing had a good 1/8 inch of play in it up and down so you can imagine what that did to the shots out past 20. Went with an HHA and I can't be happier with it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You really need to hold a spothogg boss hogg before you buy anything else and compare it to the hha optimizer. There is no way you will pick the hha after holding the boss hogg next to it or at least I wouldn't. Don't get the tommy hogg, it has the turn knob on the front of the bow and it is just the wrong spot, the boss hogg has it in the rear like hha and it is more ergonomic.

I guess I over looked that one. They are a little more than I wanted to spend but I will put them on the list. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I had the Truglo Range Rover on my previous bow and now have the HHA slider on my new bow and truly like both of them. The edge goes to the HHA because of the durability and for me, the ease of set up and ranging in. good luck

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
never had a problem with the range rover,, but i prefer the cobra because its a little smoother ,, but i still have and use both

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I would highly recommend Sword Sight's Centurian, the Montana Black Gold Ascent and to top them would be the CBE Tek Hunter XL with a 1up "rhino" pin. I shoot the Tommy Hogg from Spot Hogg and love it too.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Black Gold Ascent

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
I have used the HHA, the Cobra and now I am using an Impact Archery SOLO PLUS NI-160P. Compact, light and easy to operate. I set it up so that I can blindly adjust it to the top position (closest yardage setting) and then I can adjust to other yardage based upon the number of turns of the adjustment dial. For me, it is two turns for each yard of yardage past 20. I also found out that they have a long bar option which I am trying to buy now. The only downside is that I wish it had a little larger adjustment knob with indexing positions but I have not yet really started to look for such a replacement.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Currently using the Range Rover with no complaints, but when I get rich and famous I want to get a HHA!!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm using an hha bought here on the classifieds and lovin it, but if money didn't matter I would get a Spot Hogg Hogg Father.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i know what you saying about the costs, I've got an HHA slider, bought a 2" scope($100), 2x lens($90), 4x lens($45,used), and then the original $150 for the sight that's $385 and I just got a 4" bar extension too for another $35.... that's $420 so far........and I never even thought about it till this thread either......sure is a long way from my first adjustable back in the 60's... it was a toothpick and a rubber band.......and worked pretty good too,lol......

·
Registered
983 Posts
I do have to say that if i had the money i would get the dial HHA instead of the slider but I am extremely happy with the slider too! I might look at a Hog Father too if I could blow 400 on a sight! I cant wait to have my pin on a big buck with my new HHA next season though!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts