Votes: 8 9.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.2%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. What's your default yards setting (and them aiming high or low to adjust)?

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
I have used 25 yards for deer for many years. That keeps me in the kill zone from up close to 32 yards. My self imposed limit on large game is 30yds. I used a single pin sight for 20 years. This year I bought a HHA slider and it's great.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
25 yards appears to have a strong lead. Keep the votes coming. Dont let the poll affect your decision making/vote!

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
25 for me as well

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
25. Covers well over 95% of my shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I leave mine at 20-25 from a stand typically I did shoot a doe last year at 10 steps eye level with my slider set at 30 "forgot to move it after shooting in the yard" still POI was not off as much as I thought it should have been killed the doe quickly.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Depends on the stand im hunting, but always either 20 or 25. For a stand with all my shots under 25 yards ill set it to 20, if im gonna have to shoot out to around 30 ill set it on 25

·
team whacknstack
3,206 Posts
mostly 25 for me but also depends on my set up, i very rarely shoot 1 past 15

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
I think holding over or under works for people that don't have a short draw length and/or are shooting lighter arrows. It makes sense because your pins would be bunched up on a multi pin sight. I've been using a MBG Ambush Ascent set at 25 yards but decided that i'm going back to a multi pin sight. I like having the pins as reference points. I have a four pin Axcel Armourtech on the way. I figure that I will set the pins 20-50. Time will tell if I switch back or not.

·
Muzzy61
1,621 Posts
Depends on the stand im hunting, but always either 20 or 25. For a stand with all my shots under 25 yards ill set it to 20, if im gonna have to shoot out to around 30 ill set it on 25
^^^
Same

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
25 yds.... I'm deadly with it out to 40yds just by knowing where to hold... very seldom do I adjust it .. with a 25yd setting, I'm good from 5-33yds with no hold over/under... all shots will be within the heart/lung area.... with the 25 yds setting and my arrow speed I drop just 8-9" at 40 yds, so I hold level on a deer's back ..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts