Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at Montana Black gold and spot Hogg. Any preferences and why? I currently have a MBG 5 pin and love it but am intrigued by the idea of a single pin

·
Registered
516 Posts
I just recently went to a spott hogg 2 pin slider, it took a little time for me to get used to it but now I love having 2 pins.

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,922 Posts
You will love the MGB single pin Ascent verdict, DO NOT forget to reset the pin when going from one distant to another , example, 80 yard target to a 20 yard target. forget to reset ? watch your arrow fly WAY over the target, Don't ask how I know this fact..

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have Spot Hogg’s Fast Eddide XL in a 3 pin slider configuration! It’s not as cluttered as 5 pins.. but still gives you the possibilities and options of a single pin by using your top pin, and you’re already ranged by your 2nd and 3rd pins. If you’ve got your 3 pins set at 20, 30, and 40 yards, when you turn your dial to get your 1st pin down to the 50 yard mark.. you’ve got your 2nd and 3rd pin automatically at 60 and 70, and so forth! Best of both worlds incorporating a single pin type sight/slider and a multi pin but being able to dial the pins at any range when using the turn dial!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have been wanting to ask this question but after much reading and searching I realized it is all personal preference. I want the single pin in order to reduce clutter in my sight picture.

I am also undecided between the Spot Hogg and the HHA. Ive been waiting for one to come up the classifieds as I am too much of a beginner for a brand new sight with that high of a price tag.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
I have been wanting to ask this question but after much reading and searching I realized it is all personal preference. I want the single pin in order to reduce clutter in my sight picture.

I am also undecided between the Spot Hogg and the HHA. Ive been waiting for one to come up the classifieds as I am too much of a beginner for a brand new sight with that high of a price tag.
This exactly, I’m fairly certain you wil love the single pin slider, and no doubt it is all personal preference....... they all do the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Shot hha on 4 different bows, then I bought an obsession from a guy who had a Montana black gold single pin, oh sweet dial of death where have you been all my life lol. Hha for simplicity and MBG for a little extra. That being said, I never shot a spot Hogg or a cbe. So if someone wants to cbe the heck outa this I’m all ears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts