Archery Talk Forum banner

Sitka Elevated II

10304 Views 18 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  ego260
Does anyone have any or know where I can find some "in action" photos of the new Sitka Elevated II pattern? I'm considering getting done Sitka gear but one of my hang ups is I am unsure about the effectiveness of the pattern. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Catty Shack
12,561 Posts
I've seen the Elevated II and it's not my favorite pattern. I did however sink a small fortune in Sitka Open Country this year.

· Registered
11,292 Posts
Don't worry about it! I wasn't sure of it either but after using it all season I am a believer. I never had any deer lock on to me by sight alone. Up in a tree it blends really well.

Was trimming some limbs for my dad and he snapped this pic. I was wearing a brown vest so disregard that lol

Sent from space

12,319 Posts
It's not meant to blend into the surroundings. Sitka is meant to be designed to confuse the eyes of the game you're pursuing. [emoji106]🏻

· Registered
204 Posts
Blends well with the bark of a tree
Military camouflage Soldier Army Military organization Design

Military camouflage Soldier Army Military uniform Pattern

Blends well with the canopy
Tree Monochrome Black-and-white Photography Stock photography

There is a buck bedded down 25 yards away (circled in red). He looked in my direction for 2 hours. I decided to test my camo, and I raised my arms several times. I even took several pictures. He never saw me..and he got up and walked right under me.
Art
Soil Tree Grass Leaf Plant

· Registered
1,496 Posts
it works awesome. i haven't had any deer see me either this year wearing it. I have one stand where I used to constantly get picked off and not one deer has picked me off out of it this year. Several have walked right under it without even noticing a thing.

· Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
27,502 Posts
Correct but the patterns that are more dark will show as a black blob. I was Leary about the E2 with all the white. That said I haven't been picked off yet wearing it

QUOTE=Boonerbrad;1082463337]Most camo is designed to catch hunters. Deer see most all camo the same way. Humans see it in full color. Deer see it in black and white.[/QUOTE]

· Registered
3,400 Posts
I wore it this year for my whitetail hunts. I got picked off by a doe but I was reaching for my phone to take a picture of her. The interesting thing is after she ran back 50 yards she turned around and walked by me at 25 yards.

I have been wearing it the last few weeks coyote hunting. I am usually sitting in some grass or next to some brush. So far so good every coyote I have called in has gotten the sleeping pill. So I think the Camo is working.

The quality and functionality of the clothing is what I am sold on. Between the stratus set and the fanatic jacket I am good to go for all my whitetail hunts and coyote hunts.

· Registered
563 Posts
I have had plenty stare right at me in the Elevated II clothing. They've always gone on about their business as long as I remained still. Of course, I realize that that is the case with plenty other combinations of camo, flannels, stripes or solids too. I have full confidence in it.

· Registered
68 Posts
Does anyone have any or know where I can find some "in action" photos of the new Sitka Elevated II pattern? I'm considering getting done Sitka gear but one of my hang ups is I am unsure about the effectiveness of the pattern. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please do yourself a favor and Buy the Stratus Jacket, I'm not biased on Brands but I stick behind my Sitka Gear. Here's my setup for Whitetail hunting from the tree in Order from Base Layer to Shell/Outer:

UA 3.0 or 4.0 Bottoms and Top

Traverse Top

Primaloft Bottoms

Kelvin Down Hoody

Fanatic Vest

Stratus Jacket

Wool Bibs for late season.

Timberline Pants (Best Pants Ever...GoreTex Butt and Knees with Abrasion Resistance)

· Registered
2,099 Posts
Please do yourself a favor and Buy the Stratus Jacket, I'm not biased on Brands but I stick behind my Sitka Gear. Here's my setup for Whitetail hunting from the tree in Order from Base Layer to Shell/Outer:

UA 3.0 or 4.0 Bottoms and Top

Traverse Top

Primaloft Bottoms

Kelvin Down Hoody

Fanatic Vest

Stratus Jacket

Wool Bibs for late season.

Timberline Pants (Best Pants Ever...GoreTex Butt and Knees with Abrasion Resistance)
who makes your primaloft bottoms. I am looking at getting a pair, but I really don't need the side zips that kelvin lite has, nor do I want to pay the price for them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.