Archery Talk Forum banner

Sitka Equinox Midi vs First Lite Catalyst Pant

1291 3
So I have a new set of Sitka Stratus bibs/jacket on the way. It will be my only set so I will need to layer heavy for the late season. I have really good base layers but need a pant that is somewhat warm and not to bulky to complete my set. I have narrowed it down to these 2.

Given the intended use will be layering and not on the outside which of these 2 would you go with and why?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,648 Posts
If you only want an insulating mid layer the midi will probably be a better insulating layer than the catalyst pant. If you only wanted a fleece pant for a mid layer there are arguably cheaper options.

If you want a pant that you can also wear as an outer layer the catalyst pant is a great option.

· Registered
Hoyt Ventum 33 in wilderness, Easton axis 300, Carter releases, Hamskea, Firstlite, Spot Hogg
448 Posts
I'm sure both of those would be awesome. My opinion would fall back to my OCD, If you like the Stratus set when you get it I would buy the Sitka Just because they are all made with the intention of working together. Only down side is though, I'm keeping and eye out for the midi pants and they are still sold out! so if you need them to finish this season youll probably be out of luck!!

12,229 Posts
The midi pant is crazy warm. I think with a base layer, midi pant snd stratus you could easily get into the upper 20’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.