Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not own any Sitka but I've been doing a lot of research and I'm looking to buy some soon. I live and hunt in Alabama. I envision myself buying a full line of Sitka Optifade Forest eventually but I'm ballin on a budget and I'm looking to start with something that I can use to turkey hunt in (March and April) and also in bow season and into the rest of the deer season weather permitting .

Basically, I'm looking for pants and shirt/jacket to wear in 40-75 degree weather with a lot of humidity. I understand the concept of layering with this stuff so on the colder days, I will layer with base layers under the pant and shirt/jacket that I buy. On the warmer days I will wear nothing underneath.

I'm trying to decide between the Ascent and 90% pants. I think I will go with the Core Zip Tee or the Traverse Zip Tee, possibly both. Will I get too cold in the Ascents when the temps drop into the lower half of my 40-75 degree range? Will the 90% be too warm on the hot days?

**On another note, does anyone have any experience using Sitka when turkey hunting? Is it a good pattern for turkeys? What do you do about your turkey vest? I'm OCD when it comes to my camo matching and they dont make turkey vests in anything but traditional camo patterns. The vest is a must have but I'm looking for ways around it like just a simple seat cushion to snap around my waste and use the Sitka Ascent 8 pack for my calls and what not.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
you should close this and post up in bowhunting forums, this is the classified section

1 - 2 of 2 Posts