Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the question as there have been a lot similar when I searched.

I am new to Sitka and trying to put my first “system” together.

I decided to go with Open Country camo even though I live in MN and will be whitetail hunting. I do both stand and ground and plan to start hunting some out west so figured it was a good all around camo plus I got a steal on a bundle of used gear.

I have the merino zip and all levels of the core base, plus also just got the traverse zip. I am now trying to decide what shell to put over top to stop wind and add some additional warmth for the really cold days. My issue is when I am looking I see the Kelvin as the current option but that seems to noisy to bow hunt with.

So the question. What she’ll will give me the best wind resistance, while being warm, and also be quiet enough to bow hunt? I am almost thinking I will have to switch over to the EVII pattern and get the stratus or fanatic but would like to keep to Open Country pattern throughout if possible.

Thanks in advance from a new Sitka user. Hope it is as nice as everyone says!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can't offer any personal advice as I am also new to Sitka, but would like to hear others opinions as well. I can say that I have tried on the Kelvin, and the noise was minimal at best.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Kelvin Jacket and the Jetstream. I really like the Jetstream until it gets pretty cold (MN is home, too) then the Kelvin takes over. To me, they don't overlap too much. I use mine for elk hunting out west and absolutely love the Jetstream or the 90% jacket for that. I really like the Kelvin for gun season in MN when it can be pretty chilly. Shot my buck last year at bow range with a Kelvin jacket on. I would think Jetstream would get you through Oct and the Kelvin after that.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
The Jetstream is a fantastic jacket. If you get it one size larger than the Kelvin, you can wear the Merino, then the Traverse, then the Jetstream over those. When it gets colder out, get the Kelvin and put it on top of the others and underneath the Jetstream, and you’re set down to some pretty cool weather.

I think the Jetstream is more versatile over a season, it’s a great jacket. If you get it one size up you can layer under it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts