Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that is going to sell me the Sitka stratus jacket and pants. My only concern is, how well does it do in light to steady rain? I don't hunt in a downpour, but it doesn't bother me to sit in steady rain as long as I can stay marginally dry. Please only people with experiences wearing this suit in those conditions. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You’ll get soaked. Is not waterproof. Light drizzle, couple hours tops. It does have wind blocker though.
I was afraid of that. I know it isn't waterproof, but I figured it would shed light rain.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,357 Posts
Love my Stratus set - best whitetail outer wear on the planet IMO.

But...it's not rain gear. You'll survive a little light rain especially if it isn't too cold out but you need rain gear for any serious rain or you'll get soaked.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love my Stratus set - best whitetail outer wear on the planet IMO.

But...it's not rain gear. You'll survive a little light rain especially if it isn't too cold out but you need rain gear for any serious rain or you'll get soaked.
Mainly concerned about light rain. I don't normally sit in anything more than a steady drizzle. I just don't want to have to buy anything else after dropping 400 on this suit

·
Hard Horned
2,590 Posts
Mainly concerned about light rain. I don't normally sit in anything more than a steady drizzle. I just don't want to have to buy anything else after dropping 400 on this suit
It's not rain gear and it's fleece. You'll be disappointed if you're expecting to stay dry in any sort of precipitation.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Scout, Hunt, Kill!!!
4,261 Posts
You'll be fine for a few hours in light drizzle. If you're sitting in all day precipitation, you're going to get wet.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I sat for 6 hours in drizzle/ light rain in my stratus paints and I stayed dry. By the end, you could see that the water wasn’t rolling off and the fabric was saturated. I was very pleased with their performance in those conditions. I probably need to reapply their water repellant stuff now

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Get a treestand umbrella. They are great to use in a rain. Always keep one in my pack and it has kept me dry in some all day sits in rain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts