Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just six more wake-ups till the start of my 57th year of bowhunting. It's already getting hard to sleep.

I started bowhunting in 1949 and have missed only one opening day, that was in 1992 when I had a quad by-pass followed by a secondary infection (staph) and missed the whole season. Sure is great to be able to get into the woods.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
wow...congrats and good luck.

·
Registered
169 Posts
BingoFlyer said:
Just six more wake-ups till the start of my 57th year of bowhunting. It's already getting hard to sleep.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I hope I can say the same some day.

Good luck,

Dan

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
WOW!!!! Great to hear that you can still enjoy it as much as the rest of us. I just hope and pray that I'll be able to continue to enjoy hunting until the take the Good Lord takes me. It's also great to hear a Former By-Pass Patient out bowhunting. I work as a nurse on a Cardiac Unit, and will refer to this to motivate some of my patients. Thanks for posting up, and good luck this season!! :thumb:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congratulations and I hope you have many, many more. I look forward to reading any stories and adventures you care to share on this web site.

I'm about to enter my 40th year carrying bow and arrow afield. I can only hope that I get wiser each year. One thing for sure, the anticipation gets worse with every year! That's one thing to be grateful for.

May we all continue to safely enjoy this wonderful tradition and pass on our knowledge and ethics to the younger generations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts