Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to get different opinions on the size/age of this deer.

Thanks!
mwalker9:darkbeer:

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Not sure, but I will say thats a nice deer!

·
Registered
290 Posts
3.5 and 140ish is my guess. hope you get a chance to let us know for sure. good luck this year.

·
Born yank raised south
16,771 Posts
3 year old and he is near 145 I think. He has great mass, main beams and long g2's. His horns are unique and he may score better than I am giving him credit for because the pics are hard to get a good read on him.

·
Phil-n-Weir'ed
7,886 Posts
It is really strange that he has a G3 on his left side in one pic but not the other. great deer!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
93 Posts
i dont think he is older than 3.5, and i'm pretty sure your going to gross close to 150....Shoot him and let me know!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
saskguy, what r u seeing that puts him in the 4.5 + range??? I am not disagreeing with u, i know u have lots of good pics of monsters... im just always looking to get better at aging..
i thought without the belly sag and a pretty straight back he was younger. thanks!

·
Land of the Giants!!
4,374 Posts
4.5 - 151" guarenteed!

*Internet expert seal of approval*

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
3.5 and mid 140s....very nice deer.....he may be 4 (back is starting to sway, just a bit)....If you can let him go, do so, but if you have pressure on your land, he's darn nice now.

·
Phil-n-Weir'ed
7,886 Posts
It is definetly there in the other pics, but look at the one from 2:07 am on the 27th, it looks like it is gone. I think he is a 3.5 year old too.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
saskguy, what r u seeing that puts him in the 4.5 + range??? I am not disagreeing with u, i know u have lots of good pics of monsters... im just always looking to get better at aging..
i thought without the belly sag and a pretty straight back he was younger. thanks!
I've been getting pics of deer for yrs that I "know" are in the mature age brackett, rarely if ever do I ever see one with a back that isn't a straight as a board.
This buck was 9 or 10 last yr, digressed a pile antler wise from 7 up but his back always remained straight as a board.

He just doen't look like a deer here would at 3 1/2, that's how I based my guess I guess, but it is not more than a guess for sure.

W

·
0 Posts
that deer is 3.5 or 4.5... and i wouldn't give him much more than 130".. saying 150" is crazy. the deer is only about 15" wide. still in velvet so it looks like it has more mass than it does. It really doesn't have much mass at all. Fairly long main beams and 4 tines from 8-10" is about all it has that for big scoring points. Nice buck, just not a 150"

1 - 20 of 85 Posts