Archery Talk Forum banner

Size of arrow?

578 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  petev
What is the role of thumb for buying arrows I have no idea what length I need. I have a 65# pull with a 29" draw. My rest looks almost like the NAP quick tune. I have asked this question and in other forums and no one seems to give me a direct question. I just want to know what lenght arrow I need to buy. Can anyone tell me?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,738 Posts
I know you want something to go by generally but there is a lot to "sizing" an arrow. I will try to help and if I confuse you :embara: just shoot me a Pm and I will try to confuse you more :) In order to determine the correct length of arrow you will need to know at least the following:

Draw length
Draw weight
Total weight of component and tip in the front of arrow
Bow make/model
Arrow make/model
Spine of Arrow

Also helpful but not necessary to know wht the intended purpose of the arrow is (hunting, 3d etc)

Let me know if I can help you determine what you need.

· Registered
272 Posts
I assume you are shooting target from the rest you are using. Based on your draw length and rest, you can probably use an arrow in the 28" to 29" range. However, like VeroShooter said, there is a lot more to selecting an arrow than length. Length effects dynamic spine, total arrow weight, and Front Of Center (FOC), so it is not an independentent variable.

~petev

· Registered
272 Posts
For hunting, you probably want to stick with an arrow length close to your draw length to give some clearance for broadheads. Even if your broadheads will fit inside the riser, it's a bit safer to have them out in front of it where they can't cut you if your arrow falls off your rest.

~petev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.