Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a sword judge sight to replace my IQ Pro hunter bowsight(for several reasons,) one of the main ones being, the housing for the IQ was huge, and close to the riser, which made aligning the peep with the sight housing difficult(as my peep was already very large.) So, with this new sword sight, I'll be able to adjust the distance from my riser to help with perfect peep-to-sight housing fit. This brings me to my question. I want to get a new multi pin (jury) sight aperture so I can have a multi pin for hunting and a single pin for target. When I get the multi pin the options are 1.5'' housing or 2'' housing. What are the differences between the two, pros/cons, or preferences I should be looking for or thinking about?

Registered
I like a 1.5" housing myself. I don't know what I have on my mbg but it's bigger than I normally use but I have a 1/4" peep so it's larger and works pretty good with it. I am going to get a 29mm for indoor and 41mm for outdoor on my target bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
beside the obvious difference of size, I cant see any cons of the smaller housing. I have used both over the years, I have used the smaller 1-1/2 to 1-5/8" housing on different sights. 1-5/8" for the last several with a 1/4" peep was perfect for me. Now I use an HHA OL5519 with a nitehawk peep.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I would also expect the max range of the smaller housing to be farther partly just due to the fletching clearance to the sight housing, but I would also wonder if I'd have a harder time getting a clear sight picture in lower light conditions. Thoughts?

Registered
I go with a larger site housing to match the larger Peep for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Impartial Archer
I don't like the small housing sights. I like to shoot heavy arrows and you can't get enough room to adjust your pins. I have to buy a 5 pin and take two out..........lol.

Hunter of many things
I wish my CBE was bigger, its a hunting sight and they put the 1-3/8" housing on it. So now I have to use a tiny little peep, its working but I dont love having to do that.

Registered
I prefer a bigger sight box, but I also think that is because of my eyes. Since my sight has decreased it helps to gather more light and I can see a bigger picture in the box that helps me come in on that tuft hair that I want to aim at. Where my son prefers a smaller sight box he has the ability to draw on target, doesn't need his eyes to adjust to the environment light. Until you start to loose your visual acuity, you don't realize how much light is lost from an open view just looking at your target, to the same view through a peep and sight box.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
That 2" makes sense, since it is a slider sight and I'm only using 4 pins i can just set the 50 at the bottom of the housing and the clearance would ve the same as the 1.5" then, but id have much better sight window and visibility in low light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts