Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm fairly new to archery and have alot of questions, but will start with the size of vanes. what are the advantages or disadvantages between 4 inch vanes and 2 inch? i am currently using 4 inch quick spins and thinking about going to 2 inch quickspins or 2inch blazers.
thanks in advance

· Registered
295 Posts
Larger vanes (usually) provide better steerage/correction of arrow flight.

Unfortunately, larger vanes are typically heavier, changing your arrow's FOC or Front of Center ( do a search here on AT to learn more about that )

For long distance shooting, the larger vanes may be more affected by cross winds, negatively impacting accuracy.

· Registered
1,356 Posts
It depends on what you have on the front of your arrow.

I am a 3D / field archer and I shoot fingers. I am using 2.25" Quickspins, I have also tried 2" Vanetec's and Blazers. All of them stabilise fine and group well, but the QS' are better at further distances, holding tighter groups and also dropping less.

If you have a large or heavy broadhead up front, you'll need more stabilisation, if you are just using target points, especially if you are using a release, you can use smaller vanes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.