Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been shootin my but off this past summer and thought i was ready to go deer huntin with my recurve.

but i went out this morning to shoot and noticed i am shooting really bad

i am goin huntin tomorrow all day since schools out for a teacher workday and was wonderin should i bring the recurve, or leave it home and unpack the compuond?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Shoot the recurve. Just relax and forget about the bad shot(s). Your time spent with the bow tells you (overall) how well you shoot it. The deer infront of you will help you to forget about the head game part that's dominating you now. Just let the equipment do what it does best and talk yourself through the shot sequence and just do it like ya have been. And... bring a sharp knife... yer gonna need it. :D

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
well ive been shootin my but off this past summer and thought i was ready to go deer huntin with my recurve.

but i went out this morning to shoot and noticed i am shooting really bad

i am goin huntin tomorrow all day since schools out for a teacher workday and was wonderin should i bring the recurve, or leave it home and unpack the compuond?
That depends on how badly you want to put meat in the freezer.

If it's more important to kill something than use your compound....because of you longer effective range opening up more opportunities.

If it's more important about the journey and the challenge...than use your recurve...BUT limit your shots to where you have full confidence in your skill.

And that may mean 10yrds. or less.

Ray ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i have decided to take my recurve but the meat aint that important at the moment but am looking forward to huntin tomorrow and if i do happen to shoot one i will post pics an show it off:)

·
Registered
76,761 Posts
If you shoot really good most of the time and then fall apart, it's usually something really simple. Don't give in to your panic, as you haven't, is usually the best medicine and concentrate on fundamentals when drawing on your deer, form, anchor, don't forget to look down the arrow to your target, and release... but most of all, have fun with this.

This is my opinin of the crisis anyways..... :cool: :beer:

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
thanks i have decided to take my recurve but the meat aint that important at the moment but am looking forward to huntin tomorrow and if i do happen to shoot one i will post pics an show it off:)
I was hoping you were gonna choose that.

Go get 'em tiger!

Ray ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts