Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i know how to do it, but given the position of the modules and the limb i have no way to take the screw out move it without putting it in a press.

Any suggestions?

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
You don't need a press for this. Back out the top limb bolts 2 turns and then back out the bottom 2 turns...continue doing this until enough tension is taken off the string for you to rotate the cams and adjust the modules. You will see the limb bolt passing through the small barrel nut in the riser. Be sure to back each one out evenly. I believe it takes about 10-12 turns to take the tension entirely off. The limb bolts are long enough on these bows to be able to back the tension completely off the limb safely.:darkbeer:
*Note: ONLY DO THIS WITH CERTAIN MARTIN AND RYTERA BOWS*
This will not work on your Mathews or Hoyt or BowTech. If you do this on those bows KABOOM!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, I guess your could do it without a press, but you would have to unscrew the limb bolts a lot. I have a press, but I don't see a way to do it without move the cam to get at the screws. Fortunately, it is something you don't have to do very often.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts