Archery Talk Forum banner

Slick trick broadheads

1288 Views 24 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Duck65
Anyone ever heard of or used slick trick broadheads
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,005 Posts
Yes

Yes and they are sweet, I shot a doe with one 2 weeks ago and it only ran 75 yards. They fly true and leave sweet entrance holes.

· Registered
1,212 Posts
My entire deer season is riding on them. They truly do shoot just like fp's. I didn't have to adjust one thing on my bow to get 2" groups w/ the bh/fp

· Registered
1,376 Posts
good stuff!

· Registered
1,503 Posts
This is a joke.......right. There is so much on this forum about slick tricks it aint funny.

Here's two down with slick tricks this month.

Attachments

· have bow-will travel
3,997 Posts
Slick Tricks, I used them last year after hearing about them on here. They do fly very well and are sharp. Thing we have to remember though is they are not magic. They have a cutting diameter of 1 1/8" on the mags. They do in the REAL WORLD perform like they have 1 1/8" cutting diameter. They produce no better blood trails than any other SHARP 1 1/8" broadhead. No magic just a good quality, great flying, and sharp broadhead. For better blood trails shoot bigger heads.

· King of the lefties®
2,726 Posts
I've heard that if a deer looks up and sees your using a slick trick it will just drop over dead. (got in in first)

This is my first year using them and the shoot great. Here is a pic at 30 yards. The slick trick is the one in the middle, the rest are field points.
Text Drawing Room Wood Circle

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Oh I forgot to mention. Slick Trick's IMHO are the best broad head on the market. This is only my opinion.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
2dawg, forgot ta say welcome to the forum!

· Registered
5,341 Posts
I would never flame a newbie, we need more of them!

Yes, I use the Slick Trick and it is a very good broadhead and has wide popularity. I have been bow hunting since 1949 (not exactly a newbie) and have tried many broadheads and have never used a better, replaceable blade, broadhead.

· Registered
1,231 Posts
I've been using slick tricks for the past few seasons and dont think I will switch to a different head. If it aint broke, dont fix it. Without a doubt, hands down, flat out, the very best head I have ever shot, AMAZING blood trails, I didnt have a deer go over 35 yards last season after they were hit with one of these heads. Bone crushing Alcatraz Tip is awesome, nice thick blades, and the sharpest blade out of the package by far! Start with the best, end with the best.:tongue:

· Matt R
2,158 Posts
Slick Tricks, I used them last year after hearing about them on here. They do fly very well and are sharp. Thing we have to remember though is they are not magic. They have a cutting diameter of 1 1/8" on the mags. They do in the REAL WORLD perform like they have 1 1/8" cutting diameter. They produce no better blood trails than any other SHARP 1 1/8" broadhead. No magic just a good quality, great flying, and sharp broadhead. For better blood trails shoot bigger heads.
I have to dissagree with the part about ST's not producing any better blood trails then any other 1 1/8" broadheads...it is my beliefe and experience that a 4 blade BH nearly always makes a much better entrance hole then a 3 blade, thus a much better blood trail. The deer I have shot with ST's look like they were shot with 12 gauge slugs!

· JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,684 Posts
well I had never heard of them to I joined AT! Now they are all I hear about:confused: If I ever go back toa a replacable bladed head I thinik I will givem a chance!

· Registered
2,697 Posts
We have not heard of slick tricks, posten stabilizers, vortex binos, or Mathews bows. Care to share?:):darkbeer:

JK...I use them and have had marginal success with them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.