Archery Talk Forum banner

Slick Trick GrizzTrick Broadheads

1772 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  ebayollis
Has anyone used these? What do you think of them? :set1_thinking:
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Straight Shooter
6,660 Posts
I like having the newest and greatest products, so last year, after seriously considering Slick Trick Mags, and using Strikers instead, this year, I opted to order the new Grizztricks....boy am I glad I did.

First impressions...

Very, very razor sharp blades, as sharp as anything from G5. Easily shaved arm hair right out of the package, and with a little more pressure, still shaving sharp after about 20 shots into my Yellowjacket broadhead target.

Big cutting diameter for a fixed blade. Cut a full 1 1/4" hole in my target so I am very eager to see the blood trails they produce.

They fly great. Spot on with my field points, G5 Strikers, Muzzys, but, in all fairness, I have spent countless hours broadhead tuning my 300+ fps Tribute over the previous years and this summer.

The one and only possible negative I've found, is that there is a very subtle increase in noise as compared to my Strikers, which is to be expected as the cutting diameter is increased by an 1/8th of an inch, as well as the addition of a 4th blade. HOWEVER, a little noise should be expected when the dang thing's being propelled through the air at over 300 fps!

There has been some concern expressed with regard to how well they penetrate. So far (just shooting through foam) they penetrate the entire way through my yellowjacket target, just as my Strikers do. It's not a true penetration test, and I haven't shot them side-by-side, but I don't foresee penetration being an issue anymore than any other fixed blade broadhead on the market. I just foresee more blood being spilled more quickly, resulting in a shorter tracking job, and more venison being cooked on the grill........:wink: Good luck fellas and post pictures of those Grizztricked deer when you get 'em!:darkbeer:

· Registered
135 Posts
Grizz

I am shooting a Hoyt Cybertech 27" @ 65 lbs with axis 400"s. These heads group well out to 45 yrds for me . I shot a fine eight pointer (145lbs) last week and I believe the damage exceeds my previous 8 kills with standard 1" Slicktricks. I was also very pleased with full pass through and 12" into the dirt penetration. The blades are tough. Since it went into the mud I resharpened them with my Lansky sharpener set on razor angle and they are good to go.I purchased mine for 28.99 from Eagle Archery online. Free shipping with a $3.00 handling fee on multiple items.Got them in three days.
I was going to post a pic but my buddy took a nice shot but it is about 15 feet away and does not give a detailed view of the large hole behind the shoulder.

· Registered
2,821 Posts
mine fly like darts, can't wait to shoot a deer with 1

· Straight Shooter
6,660 Posts
I am shooting a Hoyt Cybertech 27" @ 65 lbs with axis 400"s. These heads group well out to 45 yrds for me . I shot a fine eight pointer (145lbs) last week and I believe the damage exceeds my previous 8 kills with standard 1" Slicktricks. I was also very pleased with full pass through and 12" into the dirt penetration. The blades are tough. Since it went into the mud I resharpened them with my Lansky sharpener set on razor angle and they are good to go.I purchased mine for 28.99 from Eagle Archery online. Free shipping with a $3.00 handling fee on multiple items.Got them in three days.
I was going to post a pic but my buddy took a nice shot but it is about 15 feet away and does not give a detailed view of the large hole behind the shoulder.
Hey, pics are pics. Even if the picture doesn't show great detail of the "Grizzly" hole, we'd all still like to see them. You may have the first buck in your state that was harvested with a Grizztrick :wink:

5,152 Posts
I love them. They are extremely accurate and shoot just like field tips (See pic)! Now if I could only get a deer to walk in front of me for a real field test!!!
not to been an @$$ or anything but those arrows look like they were shot with field tips...or else you would have cut some of the fletching off of the previously shot arrows grouping that close

· Registered
427 Posts
Re:

not to been an @$$ or anything but those arrows look like they were shot with field tips...or else you would have cut some of the fletching off of the previously shot arrows grouping that close
I understand your concern and you are partially correct. The first arrow was a GrizzTrick, the latter two were field tips. I'm smarter than that as I didn't want to ruin my vanes either. You can however clearly see the cut of the broadhead in the target. This also is a 20 yd. group. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know.

5,152 Posts
I understand your concern and you are partially correct. The first arrow was a GrizzTrick, the latter two were field tips. I'm smarter than that as I didn't want to ruin my vanes either. You can however clearly see the cut of the broadhead in the target. This also is a 20 yd. group. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know.
gotcha...I understand now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.