Archery Talk Forum banner

Slick Trick heads ?

2275 24
I think I want to try them out and see what all the hype is about.:embara: My question though is: how do the 1" standards fly compared to the 1 1/8" mags and those new GrizzTrick 1 1/4"??

Which one fly's the best :dontknow: I've seen damage pics and they look pretty lethal :darkbeer:
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,376 Posts
im using the mags 125. i shot em at 20 yards, 2 broadheads, and a bare shaft. all in the 1" x ring. yeah, they fly good.
the lethality of them is the same as any other sharp 4 blade of the same blade angle/surface. they arent magic, but they a great head.

· Registered
13,543 Posts
I did notice a slight difference between the Standards and the Magnums in flight. The Standards fly excellently for me...I can get 4 to 6 inch groups at 60 yards with them.

· Registered
1,281 Posts
I started shooting standards this year 100 grains to see what all the hype is about.

1. Flight is very good, at 20 yards they are "same hole" accurate.
2. They are built very well. I've put the same head through two does, replaced the blades and plan on doing it again.
3. Steel ferrule, I like it, the one with two does to it's credit still spins dead true.

Besides those things, the damage looks like the 4-bladed Muzzy's I shot for years. I hate to say it 'cause I love Muzzy, but I think I like the ST's a little better due to the ferrule.

Just a humble opinion guys!!

· Registered
1,376 Posts
I started shooting standards this year 100 grains to see what all the hype is about.

1. Flight is very good, at 20 yards they are "same hole" accurate.
2. They are built very well. I've put the same head through two does, replaced the blades and plan on doing it again.
3. Steel ferrule, I like it, the one with two does to it's credit still spins dead true.

Besides those things, the damage looks like the 4-bladed Muzzy's I shot for years. I hate to say it 'cause I love Muzzy, but I think I like the ST's a little better due to the ferrule.

Just a humble opinion guys!!
Yep, exactly what you said. they do the same damage of any 4 blade head, but the super strong steel ferule makes a multi time head.

· Registered
5,341 Posts
I shoot the 125 grain Slick Trick Magnum and have tried the 100 grain GrizzTrick (at a target only) it flys very well and about 1/4-3/8" higher than my 125 grain STs @ 20 yards.

After I get the 25 grain weights from GT I will be using the Grizz, assuming it still flys as well as it does.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
I shoot the 125 grain Slick Trick Magnum and have tried the 100 grain GrizzTrick (at a target only) it flys very well and about 1/4-3/8" higher than my 125 grain STs @ 20 yards.

After I get the 25 grain weights from GT I will be using the Grizz, assuming it still flys as well as it does.
move your rest down about half a hair. hit em dead on!

· Registered
560 Posts
I have the 1 1/8" mags. I Have not had the chance to shoot them, but I saw them in action by my neighbor. I was hunting with him and saw him shoot a doe at 25 yards. It was a clean pass through and the doe drop about 20 yards away. When I got to the doe it was a great shot through both lungs and the cut was large with a good blood trail, not that we needed to track it.
Slick Tricks works......:wink:

· Registered
695 Posts
I currently shoot the mags and they group excellent out to 50 yards for me. They would probably do better, but I can't hold steady enough any farther. I killed a wild boar this weekend at 22 yards and had a complete pass through and had no damage on the broadhead at all. Great blood trail, the boar only ran 40 yards and killed over.
I shoot 2 inch blazers with my slick mags and they fly great, but I can hear a difference in the four blades as compared to a three blade head. They have sort of a hiss as they fly. I just ordered some slick standards to see if the hiss sound is any softer in flight. But I really do like the slick mags! They get the job done and fly great!

Attachments

· Registered
2,820 Posts
I think I want to try them out and see what all the hype is about.:embara: My question though is: how do the 1" standards fly compared to the 1 1/8" mags and those new GrizzTrick 1 1/4"??

Which one fly's the best :dontknow: I've seen damage pics and they look pretty lethal :darkbeer:
For me my mags fly like the standards but I personally get more noise off the mags but I don't worry about it. I got one doe with the standards and didn't get much blood on a slightly higher lung shot, so the mags are in my quiver right now to see if there is a difference.

· Registered
5,341 Posts
Are the blades inter- changable? Meaning can you put Mag's in a standard and vise versa?
That is true of the 100 and 125 grain heads, the 85 grain heads have a thinner blade, .030" instead of the .035".

· Registered
24 Posts
Ive got some grizz tricks on order which are suppose to be here Thursday and i cant wait to try em out. I have been shooting the 3 blade rage but after all the bad reports on them Im not gonna wait TIL IT HAPPENS TO ME!!!!! Anyway i think i may do a little doe testing against the 2 blade rage since im not hearing any bad reports on them!!!! :darkbeer:
GrizzTrick vs. 2 blade Rage! :set1_thinking:

· Premium Member
10,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is true of the 100 and 125 grain heads, the 85 grain heads have a thinner blade, .030" instead of the .035".
I was looking at my Cabelas Mag last night and noticed that the standards says they are .030" thick and the Mags are .035" thick. 85 grain isn't even listed. Do I have an old magazine that isn't updated? Just want to make sure that they are in fact inter-changable is all. I e-mailed Slick Trick but haven't heard back yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.