Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, was wondering if the new slick tricks still make that whisteling noise in flight. I have shot these the past couple years and truly like the way they fly and their pretty devestating on deer but i was wondering if people had the same problem. Has this been addressed at all or do the new grizz tricks make any less noise? i dont want to switch to a rage 2 blade but have been tempted with this noise problem and all my friends telling me how great the rage blades are. any thoughts?

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,690 Posts
been gone over a bunch...most headss you will hear fly...because of the way they come through the air they cut it...so its gonna make noise...but if your infront of it...you cant hear it......sounds stupid but stand towards the front of it.....not in line of fire of course :wink:but you wont hear a thing till they go past you.....i ran into the same thing with Montecs so me and my brother tried it....i shot and he stood off to the side and he couldnt hear a thing.....thers a big scientific technical wording to it but you get the picture :wink:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
If the rage whistle, then my must be flying fast enough that they don't hear it before it hits them.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Heard this before...

Hey all, was wondering if the new slick tricks still make that whisteling noise in flight. I have shot these the past couple years and truly like the way they fly and their pretty devestating on deer but i was wondering if people had the same problem. Has this been addressed at all or do the new grizz tricks make any less noise? i dont want to switch to a rage 2 blade but have been tempted with this noise problem and all my friends telling me how great the rage blades are. any thoughts?
Heard this before and as anal as I am, I can't see any evidence that animals hear anything from them. I've shot LOTS of animals with them at close and relatively long range and haven't seen any evidence that animals react to any sound from them.
My friend Jerry who is probably one of the most anal archers I know, (Jerry if you're reading this I mean it of course, as high praise) has tested with a vid camera set up at the target and by the time you hear anything from the arrow, it's too late.
Wouldn't (haven't) changed broadheads since the other features of this head are so advantageous. Accuracy is unsurpassed. The blades are thicker than most. The ferrule is steel. The blade retention system is second to none and the performance...couldn't ask for better.
I'd just keep using them :p

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
I dont think the animal will see it as too much as a threat untill it hits them... deer are smart but i dont hink that they are smart enough to know that a faint whistle is a broadhead on the way.. i think there are more noises in the woods (at least where hunt) that deer are used too, so i dont worry about it.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Nothing to worry about!

I was told that my Slick Tricks made noise when in flight but I couldn't hear it. The guy that said it then stood behind a bearier half way to the target butt and could not tell the difference between a field point and the Slick Trick when it went by.

"IF" they whistle then it must be the "Whistle of Death" as I have shoot 13 Whitetail with them and none jumped the string.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I hear my stds hiss a bit but it didnt seem to matter to the buck I shot last yr..dont worry about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts