Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the slick trick website and have a question. What is the difference, other than the obvious:), of the 1" standard and 1 1/8" magnum head. If both are 100 grain, is the 1 1/8" blade thinner?

THanks,
Keith

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
If both are 100 grain, is the 1 1/8" blade thinner?
The difference is in the ferrel machining as the blades are the same.

Good Luck hunting.........

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
The ferrules are the same and the 1" and 1 1/8" blades are interchangeable. The 1 1/8" blades have bigger cut outs to keep the weight the same I believe. :)

·
Bow Bender
6,302 Posts
And the 1 1/8" heads have a slightly less steep blade angle. Gary made the 1" heads for those guys looking for a little more penetration, that's about all.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information.
Keith

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I've shot the 1" standards for three years; and they go through animals so clean & fast that most of them don't even know they were hit.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
The Difference post #2

I have checked with Gary at Slick Trick and as I stated in my post above the difference in the 100 grain Magnum 1 1/8" broadhead and the 125 grain 1 1/8" broadhead is the Ferrel and not the blades. The blades are the same on these 2 broadheads and interchangable. :)

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
? was the difference between 100 grain 1" and 100 grain 1 1/8". Not sure what the dif is but the both fit in the same 100 grain ferrule so the balde design must be different as was mentioned.

·
Registered
856 Posts
GSLAM95 said:
I have checked with Gary at Slick Trick and as I stated in my post above the difference in the 100 grain Magnum 1 1/8" broadhead and the 125 grain 1 1/8" broadhead is the Ferrel and not the blades. The blades are the same on these 2 broadheads and interchangable. :)
How did the 125 grain head come into the equation?

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
sorry Mizzou as I obviously had the 1 1/8" cut heads on my mind even as I read the post and even cut and pasted about the 1".:confused:

Yes the 1" have different blades so please accept my apology:cocktail:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts