Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone shot these broadheads and what do you like about them? Looking at running them with my setup this year for whitetails. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
They are awesome heads. Used them for three seasons and they zip thru everything i shot them at. None ever showed any tip damage. They all spun true and could be used again. Blood trails were very good and the holes were plenty big as well. I think they are the best Slick Trick head and i used the mags for over 10 seasons. I also used the Wicked Trick version with great results as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are awesome heads. Used them for three seasons and they zip thru everything i shot them at. None ever showed any tip damage. They all spun true and could be used again. Blood trails were very good and the holes were plenty big as well. I think they are the best Slick Trick head and i used the mags for over 10 seasons. I also used the Wicked Trick version with great results as well.
Haha perfect, that's a done deal! Thanks, also love how they come four in a pack! That's so nice!

·
Ad Meliora
16,814 Posts
Good head, priced right. For most of us, broadhead choice is about personal preference, not lack of performance by the head. Too often people blame the broadhead instead of blaming the Indian.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have used these broadheads on bear elk and deer as well as turkeys and have had good results and really good blood trails the longest was a doe that went approximately 70 yards.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've taken a few whitetails using Slick Trick standards without complaints, but don't have a good sense of whether vipers would perform as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have used these broadheads on bear elk and deer as well as turkeys and have had good results and really good blood trails the longest was a doe that went approximately 70 yards.
Awesome, thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If you want a 4 blade design that doesn't bend tips, then just get tooth of the arrow. It gives you what you want but is actually durable!

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
Lusk tested the wicked trick, same design with a larger cut, it rolled the tip in mdf.
And lots of guys have shot what they were designed for and had great results. Lusk's tests are pretty good but not the end all be all of broadhead tests. I would have no problem shooting these at Whitetail deer.

Are there better heads? Probably.
Will they do what they were designed for? Yes

·
Registered
505 Posts
Viper Tricks fly like field points and leave nice blood trails. You'll be happy with them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome, thanks for the feedback, I will be loading up my quiver with them this year then!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Big fan of vipertricks, tough, accurate with tuned bow, sharp and durable, cut good holes and I have gotten pass throughs on every deer I have shot with them. I go back and forth between them and ST Mags.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fly identical to my field points. Very tough and leave a good blood trail. I don’t think you can go wrong with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Shot these the last two years. Fly great, grouped easy with field points. I found the blood trail lacking though.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Personally, I’d steer away. I bought 2 packs going into last season and will be going to a sturdier fixed blade this coming season. The ferrules are reasonably durable for the price point, but similar to other slick trick blades I’ve had they’re too weak. 2/4 that went through AL whitetail hit bone in the shoulder area had catastrophic blade failure and snapped just off the edge of the ferrule. Limited test sample, but enough to make me try something else.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have no experience with the viper tricks but they look like they share some similar characteristics with the grizz tricks that I used this past season. Super sharp blades and flew well. I couldn't believe the damage it did to the buck I shot and it died in sight (30 yards) so I can't comment on the blood trail. Can't imagine that the viper tricks wouldn't do the same.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I had my son using them out of a light set-up starting when he was 11.They tuned easily and penetrated well,which is why I went with them.He killed about a dozen deer with them in the past 4 years,including several with the same head.I think the furthest he had a deer go was 60 yards and that was a solid liver hit.If he didn't see them drop,he heard them crash.Last year he went on a scouting mission one day after school and killed a squirrel and shot this doe from the ground at 38 yards.He thought he watched the deer drop but backed out and came home to get me.We went to the last place he saw her and there she was,about 50 yards from where he hit her.It was a complete pass through but we never did find the arrow. 20191007_192724.jpg

1 - 20 of 35 Posts