Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
BOW ONLY!
2,591 Posts

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
silver flame should out penetrate it. 2 blade vs 4 blades. 2 has less resistance

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'll be sure not to aim at the transformer with my ST's:mg:

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,215 Posts
New reason to love my Silverflames, now when does "microwave season" start! :D

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi,

These "broadhead" tests get to be more and more laughable with each new "test". I don't get what people are trying to prove anymore. MAKE A GOOD SHOT ALREADY!!! Stop making excuses and trying to find workaround to be being a crappy shooter. Yes, bad shots happen... sh*t happens too. But the lack of recovery after a bad shot has nothing to do with the broadhead. It's the bad shot. Put the arrow in the vitals and the animal will die. Crimeny!

-Witty

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
Too bad that the goattee, shades, and Blowtech didnt help with his target panic. Look at the anticipation of the release on the first shot. What a tool!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I'm glad to see that a $8.00 broadhead can do what a $35.00 broadhead does. I can save my money and buy Slick Tricks. :)

·
Full Throttle Baby
2,689 Posts
If you notice the silver flame broad head went through the top of the electrical cavity and the slick trick went through the bottom part. The slick trick probably hit some of the electrical components that are mounted in there, and the silver flame was probably above all of the electrical.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,336 Posts
I don't get what people are trying to prove anymore. MAKE A GOOD SHOT ALREADY!!! Stop making excuses and trying to find workaround to be being a crappy shooter. Yes, bad shots happen... sh*t happens too. But the lack of recovery after a bad shot has nothing to do with the broadhead. It's the bad shot. Put the arrow in the vitals and the animal will die. Crimeny!
What's this got to do with anything? Last time I checked microwaves don't have vitals. I'm guessing that you don't have any fun when you shoot in your back yard.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Well, that was nearly a waste of 5 minutes! It performed exactly how I would have guessed it - baring the transformer hit which is unfair to the ST head, but when they break, that is where they can break - at the ferule.

Here is a better video and it is less than a minute:

Ray

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Hi,

These "broadhead" tests get to be more and more laughable with each new "test". I don't get what people are trying to prove anymore. MAKE A GOOD SHOT ALREADY!!! Stop making excuses and trying to find workaround to be being a crappy shooter. Yes, bad shots happen... sh*t happens too. But the lack of recovery after a bad shot has nothing to do with the broadhead. It's the bad shot. Put the arrow in the vitals and the animal will die. Crimeny!

-Witty
I though you'd see the "witty" humor in those videos.:) I made those videos and they are for entertainment only! If someone gets something out of them, great! If not, this is America, dont watch em!
I do attest to gaining (or losing) confidence in a broadhead/arrow by my fun trial runs. I put the whole arrow combination to the extreme, elk are not like deer for example and I want something strong against an elk bone if needed.
Guys that know me can attest to how I tinker with things and am constantly putting things to the "test". Try it and see if you dont have fun.
I wont disagree with what you said above that I highlighted in red.
Good shooting and have fun and relax :darkbeer:

·
Registered
239 Posts
i dont care if it will go through an engine block, im not paying that much for any broadhead, i would pick the slick trick over the silver flame anyday, the silverflame may be best for big animals such as buffalo and eland but we dont have those here, im sure the st's results on a deer would out perform the silver flames again and again

·
Registered
36,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I though you'd see the "witty" humor in those videos.:) I made those videos and they are for entertainment only! If someone gets something out of them, great! If not, this is America, dont watch em!
I do attest to gaining (or losing) confidence in a broadhead/arrow by my fun trial runs. I put the whole arrow combination to the extreme, elk are not like deer for example and I want something strong against an elk bone if needed.
Guys that know me can attest to how I tinker with things and am constantly putting things to the "test". Try it and see if you dont have fun.
I wont disagree with what you said above that I highlighted in red.
Good shooting and have fun and relax :darkbeer:
I love the videos...thanks Jerry.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
i dont care if it will go through an engine block, im not paying that much for any broadhead, i would pick the slick trick over the silver flame anyday, the silverflame may be best for big animals such as buffalo and eland but we dont have those here, im sure the st's results on a deer would out perform the silver flames again and again
you've obviously never shot a silverflame. :zip:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Use a spearfishing powerhead, get the resistance right so the arrow does not pierce the primer till impact, and you have a winner. I use .223, .357, and 7.62x54R powerheads all the time when I spearfish. However I for darn sure would not shoot ANYTHING out of the water that close cause most of the time the shaft comes out of the back of the powerhead upon impact... At a high rate of speed... Directly back at you if the shot is square...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts