Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you gurus out there. If the 1" and 1 1/8" blades are interchangeable with the 100gr ferrules and the 125gr ferrules per the Slick Trick website, how could the weight of the 100gr ferrule with the different blades still maintain exactly 100grains? If the 100gr broadhead weighs 100grains even with the 1" blades, how can it still weigh 100grains with the 1 1/8" blades?:noidea:

·
Registered
24,953 Posts
thats a good question. wish i had a answer.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just emailed Slick Trick, so I will post there response when I get it.:)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Weigh the1" and 11/8" blades and see if the weight is different.
If I had to guess I would say there is more metal cut out of the 1 1/8's to make them 100 gr.

My 1 1/8 fly just like my 1 inchers so there must not be much difference.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I had to guess I would say there is more metal cut out of the 1 1/8's to make them 100 gr.

My 1 1/8 fly just like my 1 inchers so there must not be much difference.
Sounds probable.

·
Registered
515 Posts
for those of you who have harvested deer with both... is there a considerable difference in the blood-loss/lethality the an additional 1/2" (4 blades) cutting diameter?

I only have 1"... "screwed up" on a doe last year, put it through both shoulders and into the ground with my 70# vectrix @ 30.5" draw. She died like a brachial plexus shot... ran 0 yds. I need replacement blades... basically asking if there is a significant benefit to 1 1/8?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The blades being the same weight with different cutout sounds like the winner. Interested in finding out though. I've shot slick trick since they first came out

·
Registered
451 Posts
for those of you who have harvested deer with both... is there a considerable difference in the blood-loss/lethality the an additional 1/2" (4 blades) cutting diameter?
I have used both, and saw no difference. awesome blood trails with both. I'm always amazed at the size of the hole they leave.

·
Get out and shoot!
3,798 Posts

I only have 1"... "screwed up" on a doe last year, put it through both shoulders and into the ground with my 70# vectrix @ 30.5" draw. She died like a brachial plexus shot... ran 0 yds. I need replacement blades... basically asking if there is a significant benefit to 1 1/8?
I've killed with both and saw no big difference in wound and blood trails. the furrels on the mags are a wee bit shorter on the threaded end to take out the extra few grains.

·
The Death of Many
2,738 Posts
I just weighed the components of both the mags and standards. The blades and ferrels weigh exactly the same. The mag blades have an extra hole punched in them to lose some weight. It is hidden inside the broadhead when assembled. I am going to shoot deer with both heads this year to compare for myself.

·
The Death of Many
2,738 Posts
I've killed with both and saw no big difference in wound and blood trails. the furrels on the mags are a wee bit shorter on the threaded end to take out the extra few grains.
I thought so also. My old standards are the beefier looking ferrules but my brand new standards look exactly like my mags. I weighed the beefier looking older ferrules and they weigh exactly 60 grains just like the new ferrules. I dont see how but they do. As I stated in my last post look at the blades of the standards and the mags. The mag blades have an extra hole punched in them at the tail end to lose the weight. All of the blades I have weigh 18.5grains a piece. The metal washers weigh in at 3 grains each.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Extra cutout it is. Here is the reply I just recieved in an email from Gary the owner of Slick Tricks. Wow that is customer service on a Saturday. Thank you Gary for the quick response to my question.

QUOTE:
"The Mags have a cutout in the center of the blade, while the Standard is solid, that makes them weigh equal. The Mags should impact the same, if they don't you might need to raise your rest very slightly, THANKS GARY"

SLICK TRICK
Gary Cooper
Owner/CEO
Phone: 870-934-0131
Fax: 870-934-0167
[email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts