Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've shot both and like them both. What is your reason for choosing one over the other?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I still can't decide, I like both and have stocked up on both for the season.
The only thing I don't like about the Grizz Tricks is the hiss sound as they fly downrange.
The Grizz is a bigger cut and looks much more robust.
They both fly great.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still can't decide, I like both and have stocked up on both for the season.
The only thing I don't like about the Grizz Tricks is the hiss sound as they fly downrange.
The Grizz is a bigger cut and looks much more robust.
They both fly great.
Hmm, I noticed that as well. I wasn't sure if that was the BH or not.
Thanks for confirming this for me.
Eric

·
Registered
250 Posts
The grizztricks are 1/8 wider cut that the magnum slicks. The blades are even shorter in length and wider that the slick tricks.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
i own grizztricks, standards, and magnums, for some reason the last 3 deer have fallen to the standards (all fly the same and all are in my quiver)

this last deer left a nasty hole through it, my buddy was thoroughly impressed

my first deer with the standards left a blood trail 3' wide straight to the deer, second deer ran in a "dead" sprint and hit the ground hard in about 15 yards...never even checked for a blood trail on that one!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
shootin standard 100 grn .... they have performed flawlessly since starting to use them 2 - 3 yrs ago , 1 antelope and 7 deer ........ aint broke and not gonna fix it :)

·
I hate tundra!
1,544 Posts
GrizTricks

They do make a "HSSS" in flight but, by the time they hear that sound, it's too late.

Fly like my field points.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I dropped a doe last Sat. with a Grizz!! The sound of the arrow didn't effect the doe or the other deer in the area. After the shot there was one doe that stayed 20yds from the shot looking to see what happend. I was going to show her too but I couldn't get a shot.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
i really like the smaller hole thats cut out of the grizztrick blades. makes it seem stronger. i also like the fact that they weigh exactly 100grns. my mags. only weigh 96, so i use 2 washers. buuuutt....this morning i shot the grizz's for the first time, and they didnt group with my mags and fp's. so im sendem back for more mags.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I shot a button buck Sat evening with the Slicktrick mags. Through the spine dead center, across the diaphragm, through the liver, throught the gut and out through the hind quarter. Broadhead looks brand new! Not even the slightest damage to the blades and even still sharp! I wonder how many deer can be killed with the same broadhead?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
rugrem#1 said:
Take a look at the Razor tricks, mean looking broadhead!!!
Razor Tricks are what I'm shooting this year. Same P.O.I. as my field tips out to 40 yards. :thumb:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

1 - 16 of 16 Posts