Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elk hunting next week and can't decide which broadhead to use. Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Wac Em's! I've shot them both extensively and both are quality heads. The Wac Ems have the clear advantage in all 4 categories ....... accuracy, penetration, durability and silence in flight.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Wac'em's either the Triton 3 blade or Exit 4 blade. Both are great broadheads.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
Both are great heads but the Tricks have been all over the world and field proven on all sizes of animals. They are also sharper out of the package. And i am not knocking the Wac Ems. The Tricks have just been proven over and over again on huge animals.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
they are both fixed heads
For some reason I was thinking of the swhaker broadheads. I just looked at the Triton bh and they look very good. If your rig has enough ke and momentum, I would think the Triton XL would be a good choice considering they are made of stainless.

But I tell you the truth, Tricks are just awesome bh's and favored by many Alaskan hunters. Thats good enough for me.

Last year I went to GrizzTrick 125's and got awesome performance to the likes that I've never seen in all my 30 + years of bowhunting.
Very tough broadheads for sure. I put one through a deers front shoulder shattering the upper leg bone downwards for about 5 inches or so. It continued into the opposite shoulder and almost came out the hide.

Now that was out of a Z28, 29/60, 408 grain arrow, at only 260 fps. The broadhead looked as if it had not even been shot other than one blade broken, which is understandable.

One very tough bh for sure. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd vote Wac' ems.
Accurate for me and so freakin unbelievably sharp that they can split atoms if allowed to fall into the "wrong" hands.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I love 'em both but Wac 'Ems are the better made head in my opinion and they WILL penetrate deeper with their slicing sharp tips!

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,335 Posts
I always have a Wac'em or two in my quiver. Great heads.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
thanks i guess I can't go wrong with either of them
You really can't! I like the Wac'ems but, I would try either the GrizzTrick2 or the RazorTrick. I am a Huge fan of the Blades on the Tricks! They are stronger & sharper than anything out there IMO. When it gets down to it, the blades are doing the dirty work.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
LOve em both i set My wife up with wacems 3 blade for her set up 45 lbs 5 years ago and still shoot same heads .. i shoot tricks since 2004-2005... Both heads would do the job at 45 lbs but i like a 4 blade myself.

·
AIM SMALL-MISS SMALL!!
5,277 Posts
I would go with the wacems exit myself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts