Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to educate myself. I've searched but couldn't find an answer so thought I'd start my own thread. This year I've changed up my hunting rig and moved into the current decade. No more shooting my old PSE and 2213 XX78 Super Slam Aluminum arrows... :)

I picked up a dozen Easton N-Fused FMJ arrows and I'm planning to pick up some 100gr Slick Tricks. Since I've been shooting Aluminum shafts for ages... and no adapter was needed to shoot the slick tricks. Since the FMJ's are much thinner will I need any type of adapter between the STs and Shaft or am I over thinking it? Just wanted to be prepared as I'm heading out this afternoon to pick up a bunch of stuff on my shopping list.

Oh, and these will be getting shot out my Bowtech Invasion @ 70#s and 29" draw length. Should be pushing an arrow weighing @ 422 grains.

Thanks for the assistance.

·
Born To Hunt
6,123 Posts
I bought the BARs Broadhead adaptor rings for my FMJ arrows ,easton reccomendes them, and I can see they may help messing up the ends of the arrows. There are several sizes just make sure you get the right # BAR for your arrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. Just to clarify, my FMJ's are 400s. So I should use the BAR3 rings? I'm hitting Bass Pro this afternoon so hopefully they have some of these in stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok... So Bass Pro was a no-go as well as a local Archery Pro-Shop. They hadn't even heard of such a thing & they sell the FMJ arrows. Looks like I'll need to order online. Any suggestions or do I need to go to Eastons website?

·
Registered
25,257 Posts
Like I said I shoot mine without it "can" damage them if you shoot them too much but dont kill yourself trying to find them

·
Registered
16,699 Posts
I ordered my #3 from landcaster archery.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I have been using the slick trick magnums with my FMJ 400's(without any adaptors) for 2 years and I haven't had any problems

·
Scout, Hunt, Kill!!!
4,261 Posts
I think the BARS are meant for broadheads that do not have a meal O-ring for the blades to seat against or mechanicals where the blades may deploy against the shaft, you will be fine with the ST.

I put adapters on my FMJ's for Magnus Buzzcuts and they wouldn't seat flush with the end of shaft. It was even squared on an ASD and end was also chamfered. It would cause the arrows to wobble badly when I spun them with BH's. I switched to the Pro Hunting ACC's and have had no problems. I like the HP inserts in that series as well as the ST Epics, those are awesome arrows for the price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts