Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to fixed blade broadheads but going to get set up with them for next season. I bought the slick trick pro series viper ss. They come in pack of 3. I was wondering what the possibilities are of using the regular viper trick
(because they come in 4 packs) for practicing with. Do you guys think they might fly the same as long as they are the same weight. Naturally I know I’ll have to try both. Just thinking about saving a few bucks. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. If I can save a few bucks that’ll give me more to spend on other hunting gear. I am pretty sure I’m addicted to all things hunting

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,158 Posts
I would practice with the same exact head/model you plan on hunting with. Slicks fly great but I wouldn't take a chance just to save a few dollars.

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
There is zero differnce, in fact i cant see getting the "pro" version at all. paying more for the same head, less in a pacakage and no measureble or discernable difference.

·
Vendor
10,767 Posts
Stainless vs cold steel will not fly different. Same head different steel. Both will shoot the same as long as same weight.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,783 Posts
I would practice with the same exact head/model you plan on hunting with. Slicks fly great but I wouldn't take a chance just to save a few dollars.
X1000 If you have been in this game long enough you see that that shouldn't matter but do. I can tune my bow and get most heads of the same weight and even different manufacturers to have the same POI.......but there is no way in hell I would bank on it......verify verify verify.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
Ive never seen a "Pro" ViperTrick ... Ive been using them for several years now.. they are an excellent head .... Ive been using Slicks long before they became popular .. I modified the Vipers with blades from a Grizz Trick using them to replace the bleeders making them a 1 1/16" x 1 1/4" cut ..... they make one heck of a cut going in and out with a lot of devastation in between .....

Attachments

·
Broke and Happy
5,028 Posts
Ive never seen a "Pro" ViperTrick ... Ive been using them for several years now.. they are an excellent head .... Ive been using Slicks long before they became popular .. I modified the Vipers with blades from a Grizz Trick using them to replace the bleeders making them a 1 1/16" x 1 1/4" cut ..... they make one heck of a cut going in and out with a lot of devastation in between .....
The PRO heads are the same, except with a Stainless Steel ferrule. Same as you though, shot the heads when they were sold on here by ****** back 11-12 or so years ago, just awesome heads!

As for the OPs question, I have shot both versions of the ViperTrick and have noticed zero difference in flight.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
I'd rather buy the 4 pack .... that gives me a head for practice and 3 to hunt with ..... I'll buy a pack of replacement grizz trick replacement blades to replace the bleeders with ....

·
Vendor
10,767 Posts
I'd rather buy the 4 pack .... that gives me a head for practice and 3 to hunt with ..... I'll buy a pack of replacement grizz trick replacement blades to replace the bleeders with ....
I posted a couple days ago (you must have missed it) that they have now packaged the Viper with Grizz bleeder and are calling it the Wicked Trick. No need to buy the Viper and then buy replacement blades.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
So do these newer variations fly as nice as the old tricks? Have been using the standard 1oo grain for a long time.
Wayne

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
The "WickedTricK" as Booner called it flies right with my FPs to 50 yds, with my well tuned bow.... this is my Deer head ... if I was going for Elk, I'd go back to the regular configuration for penetration on the bigger animal ... I am really glad Slick did this ... Ive done it separately for several years now

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
You should have seen the hole it put in a big Doe I killed this year... looked like someone had thrown an Ax thru it :wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I been looking for the frizz trick blades but only see the grizz trick 2. Is the blades you’re using the grizz trick 2 or just grizz trick. Thanks

·
BowhunterT100
6,536 Posts
That wicked trick looks awesome. I might have to give them a try.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oops. Smart phones. What would we do without them. On my previous post my phone put frizz trick but I meant grizz trick lol

·
Vendor
10,767 Posts
GT II blades are all they offer and what is used in the Viper Trick.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
GrzzTrick - Grizz 2.. same same, I think the only ones made now is the Grizz 2, so that is what they are

1 - 20 of 21 Posts