Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Sword Centurian slider sight. Set it up so the very lowest yardage is 20 yards. Was sighting it in yesterday and was able to sight out to 50 yards. using a pen I was able to make a small mark for the 20 yr and the 50 yrd. Laid a piece of paper over it and copied the marks. Then I compared them to the provided sight tapes, but none of them match, they are too far apart. My 50 yrd mark is less than half the movable distance of the slider. My bow is shooting about 285fps.
I guess I will have to make my own tape just like setting up a multiple pin sight, unless there is a better way. Any suggestions??

Another thing I noticed was that on the provided sight tapes, the distance between 20 and 30 yards was greater, than the distance between 60 and 70 yards. With the arrow slowing wouldn't that distance be greater than shorter ranges???

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You'll have the most confidence in your marks if you shoot all of them in -------

If your arrow flight is less then perfect ---you will have variations at the close yds -----

As long as you mark all your 10's and 5's as the bow shoots ------you'll know where the shaft will hit at any distance

Good shoot'n

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I don't think theres any way your marks are going to match a premaid tape.Theres to many variables. ?2. That must have something to do with the arc of the arrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts