Archery Talk Forum banner

Slim, Inexpensive Mathews Grip

1420 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  RAZOR62
Some of you folks probably know about these grips already but I thought I'd spread the word for those who like me couldn't deal with the bulky stock Mathews grips and didn't want to fork over $50.00 or more to replace it with a custom aftermarket grip. These are available from Lancaster Archery and run about $22.00. They're made of plastic, fit all Mathews bow (according to the package) and are ambidextrous. They're friction fitted with no adhesives required. This is the Low Wrist "Pro" version. If you're unhappy with your stock grip you owe it to yourself to check these out.
The photos show the grip installed on my left handed SBXT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
55,478 Posts
To each there own but for the price of a torquless they are well worth it and I don't feel $50 to $60 is too expensive when I consider what I have into the bow LOL. Besides my wood grip is going to be warmer in the hand during those cold months besides they have more character.:beer::wink:

· Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya' but for the money these grips will be hard to beat. Very narrow (torqueless) profile. Wood looks classier yes but I'd guess that these grips are thinner and as a result may fit better for those who've settled for or prefer to shoot off the riser. I doubt that a sturdy wooden grip could be made with such a thin profile. It would be prone to cracking if it were. Like you say..."To each his own.":wink:

· Registered
55,478 Posts
Razor you need to check one out if you haven't. They are thin, well made. I've had mine on my bow for over 2 years------made so well I've never even glued it on. I slipped it on to see if I would like it and have never taken it back off.:beer::wink:

· Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll keep it in mind. I do plan on picking up a used DXT now that everyone's scrambling toward the Reezen and Monster. I've been watching for a good deal on a lefty. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.