Archery Talk Forum banner

Slob donkys

5633 Views 68 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  abliss77
Not much love is given to the mega slickster. In my eyes, these massive old does are smarter than any old buck in the woods.

I was fortunate to take this cow of a doe 8 years ago ish. She's was pretty tough to kill. I never weighed her and wish I had.

For reference, I tipped the scale at 220# then. My knees were on her side and I'm not long-arming her. Guessing I won't be able to top this beaut of a nany!

Who else has bested doezilla? Post some pics and tell some stories!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
30,646 Posts
I killed a big old nanny back around '94 that weighed 150# field dressed nearly 24 hours after the kill. It was early season and I killed her at the bottom of a long draw which required well over 1/4 miled uphill drag. Even significantly younger and is excellent shape, I was drenched with sweat and totally worn out by the time I got her to the vehicle. Since it was a school night, I got a couple bags of ice and stuffed the cavity, then left her hanging in the garage overnight and the next school day. As soon as the day was completed, I was out the door and to a local processor who didn't take animals after 8pm. He wanted to weigh her and said she was one of the biggest does he had ever seen come through the door. Unfortunately that was well before cell phones with cameras and I didn't think to take a photo.

· Premium Member
3,155 Posts
I killed a big old nanny back around '94 that weighed 150# field dressed nearly 24 hours after the kill. It was early season and I killed her at the bottom of a long draw which required well over 1/4 miled uphill drag. Even significantly younger and is excellent shape, I was drenched with sweat and totally worn out by the time I got her to the vehicle. Since it was a school night, I got a couple bags of ice and stuffed the cavity, then left her hanging in the garage overnight and the next school day. As soon as the day was completed, I was out the door and to a local processor who didn't take animals after 8pm. He wanted to weigh her and said she was one of the biggest does he had ever seen come through the door. Unfortunately that was well before cell phones with cameras and I didn't think to take a photo.
Forgot to take that one bag of ice out didn't ya? [emoji1] Just kidding. That's a huge doe!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

· Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,098 Posts
Sorry if anybody finds the gun kills offensive but I pass doe in archery season, buck hunting instead, and don't usually shoot doe till gun season.

Plant Hunting Tree Dog breed Fawn
Snow Carnivore Hunting Tree Fawn

Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Dog breed Tail

Wallaby kangaroo Macropodidae Plant Fawn

Plant Hunting Tree Carnivore Terrestrial animal

Plant Hunting Deer hunting Tree Fawn

This last pic I threw in here because I actually decided to shoot one in the archery season this year.
Hunting Plant Tree Carnivore Fawn

1 - 20 of 69 Posts