Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2002 Pearson DB VX. I'm drawing 72 lbs. @ 28 1/2" draw length. I'm shooting an overdraw on the Muzzy ZE rest. My arrows are 25" long GoldTips with 100 gr. tips

My question is,...WHY isn't this bow faster than 255-258 fps. ??????
I chrono'd it at two shops and these are the speeds I got! With my drawing weight, overdraw rest, and GoldTips, I certainly thought I would get more respectable speeds than that!!! I can tell when I squeeze the release that it's slow out of the gate!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
the only thing i can think of is the timing of the lower cam. may not be rolling over at the optimum time. take it to your local shop and have them check it out. that bow isnt a barnburner but you should be in the high 260's . also how many accessories do you have loaded on your string? peep, kisser, release loop,etc. they all take away speed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a loop and a kisser with terantulas. But my old set-up was a cheap Bear Expedition Air that was sold through Cabela's as their exclusive. This was a very mild cam bow(single, also). It too had an overdraw and GoldTips with a loop, kisser, and whiskers on the string as well. I could "only get 65 lbs." out of this cheap bow and could still reach 278 through the same chrony! Whats up with that??? :)

Thanks for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts