Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for opinions on the Small game head by G5 (same maker as Tekan II) compared to the Judo Point.

Judo

SGH

I've been using the Judo point for years as my favorite small game head. It's been a pretty reliable head but isn't very durable. It's prevented many an arrow loss due to catching and preventing the arrow from sliding under the grass as well as the springs act just like blades when shooting through small game. But they would only last for 4 or 5 shots before the springs either broke or the tip became unusable cost $7 for two.

I have now found something new to me. The SGH by G5. It looks pretty sturdy but I don't know how well it will take a hit. The biggest and most immediate difference is the price. Three heads for $20. Are they worth the extra dough. I don't have much experience with them. I shot one at a rabbit and it did a great job of viscerating the poor unlucky critter. But as the arrow passed through it hit a rock on the other side and since it was getting dark I never recovered the Tip. Found the arrow but the tip was not in the arrow, it was as if the tip unscrewed as the rabbit flipped flopped and made a mad 10 yard dash.

The G5 looks awesome and it works well but I'm not sure how durable it is as I've only shot it once. Anyone have any experience with these tips? Your opinions are welcome, any recommendations on other small game heads?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been using Judo tips for years on rabbits and squirrels on my Gold Tip 5575 Hunters and haven't had a problem with durability. I've hit alot of spruce trees head on from 10 to 12 yards and have never broken a Judo tip. I've knocked a few knocks out of my gold tips and broke a few older arrow shafts, but have unscrew the tip and put it to use in a new arrow. I'm sold on Judo tips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts