Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an axcel armourtech hd. Can I replace the fibers with smaller diameter without much trouble or is it more involved than I think. i.e. new pin housing. Or can I have just the fibers replaced?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I haven't done it but from what I have seen in prior posts here at AT you can add sight pins of different sizes. There were suppose to be pictures and directions here but I was unable to find them. (Anyone?) You can send the sight into Axcel and they will custom set up your pins for you.

·
Beer Whisperer
10,887 Posts
It's going to be more involved than just changing the fibers. I believe you'll need new pins and if you're not mechanically inclined, it is somewhat tedious changing the pins yourself. Tru-Ball charges a fee for doing the work but it may be easier than DIY.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I sent mine in to change the coloring on my 3 pin. Because they are interchangeable, I removed the bottom green pin, and had them put in a red one. If you call them up, they are very helpful. It was only a few bucks to do as well.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I was thinking about taking two .19 pins out of my HD and swapping them for two .10 pins on my HD pro. So I would have to bigger ones up top and smaller on the bottom... So I took it apart. Looks like lots of parts but not too hard to do if you have some skills with that kinda stuff. Then the baby distracted me and I just put it back together quick.... But I am going to do it. I don't think it will be too bad.

·
Beer Whisperer
10,887 Posts
I was thinking about taking two .19 pins out of my HD and swapping them for two .10 pins on my HD pro. So I would have to bigger ones up top and smaller on the bottom... So I took it apart. Looks like lots of parts but not too hard to do if you have some skills with that kinda stuff. Then the baby distracted me and I just put it back together quick.... But I am going to do it. I don't think it will be too bad.
Let me know how that goes. I wanted to remove a couple pins and change the colors around so I took mine apart but got to the point of having to remove the little shaft the pins ride on and drew a blank. Mine was brand new so I didn't want to bugger it up and I sent it in to get done.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info. I may just be best off by contacting Truball and sending it to them. Sounds good. I appreciate all the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts