Archery Talk Forum banner

Smelly HSS

752 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Martin_Cheetah
I just bought a Hunter Safety System Tree Stalker and it had a very vinyley new smell. With archery season approaching, i would like to get that smell away. I sprayed it down real good with some e3 dead down wind tonight and i'll see how it is tomorrow, but i wanna have a plan b
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,324 Posts
Probably the dyes in it? some equipment just seems impossible to rid of all the smell?

I'd personally soak it in a tub of water with non scented detergent, and/or baking soda for a day or two, then hang outside for awhile, hoping for a good soaking rain on it also.

· Registered
17,510 Posts
Probably the dyes in it? some equipment just seems impossible to rid of all the smell?

I'd personally soak it in a tub of water with non scented detergent, and/or baking soda for a day or two, then hang outside for awhile, hoping for a good soaking rain on it also.
I washed mine in a tub of Scent free laundry soap and let it hang out to dry.

· Registered
495 Posts

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
mine had a strong odor to it when I got it as well. I sprayed it down with ddw spray and it has no odor now. I will soak it in baking soda every couple weeks during the season though. it says dont wash it in the washing machine.

· Registered
36,987 Posts

· Classifieds Administrator
39,736 Posts

+1. That is what I did when I bought mine, it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.