Archery Talk Forum banner

Smelly new boots

1324 9
I got a new pair of boots awhile back. I washed them in scent away laundry soap in the wash machine. Then I sprayed them really good with hunters spec. scent away spray. Then put them outside. They have been outside for at least a week and 1/2. They have been sprayed with Dead down wind, HS's scent-away, and Silver XP. I still smell rubber and leather :mad:. What do you all think? Hunting starts Oct 1. Do I wear my old boots and leave these outside till at least I can't smell them or do I wear them?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Throw them in a big plastic tote with some earth scent wafers.:darkbeer:

· Registered
7,438 Posts

· Registered
632 Posts
Spray them with Silver XP and put them in a bag with it. Works for me. I used Bass Pro Redhead Silver Spray, but I think it's the same thing.

Slowhandstl

· Registered
371 Posts
last year I was asking the same question about a new set of cabelas boots, everyone told me to use them. So I scouted, hiked and set stands with them, they have no smell what so ever now

· Registered
811 Posts
Hold em over some campfire smoke or build a little smoking can. boil up some spruce needles, leaves, twigs ect. strain juice and bottle. Then spray them with broth and let dry then spray with some sort of scent killer, then store them something with leaves, spruce needles ect. Works pretty good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.