Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the draw cycle on the bowtech bows with the smooth mods? Are they as smooth as a mathews to draw back???

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
oh yeah,i shot a bowtech old glory with the smooth mods at 60lbs for 2 years,it was my target bow, i thought it was smoother than the matthews

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
my tribute is very smooth with the smooth mods.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have the General with the smooth mods. Let me say that after 10 years with Mathews I switched to Bowtech because this is by far the smoothest most accurate bow I have ever shot!!!!!! BUUUUUTTTTTT, in no way is the draw as smooth as a Mathews. In my opinion that is!!!!!:wink:

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have both an '08 Allegiance @62# W/smooth mods and an '06 Switchback [email protected]#
I think the world of my Bowtech. It draws great for me and holds like a rock.
I like it so much I rarely shoot my XT much. But when I do I shoot them both.
The Mathews draws smoother and feels lighter but not solid on the hold like my Allegiance

·
Registered
265 Posts
After Shooting Mathews Since 2002, I Bought A 101rst Airborne. I Just Picked It Up, Shot It And Something Just Got Me About That Bow. I Ordered One, Put In The Smooth Mods And It Felt A Little Smoother Than The Speed Mods, But In No Way, I Mean No Way As Smooth As My Switchback.

Dont Mean To Hijack But The Dealer Says Bowtech Told Him They Dont Recommend The Smooth Mods In The 82 Or 101. Has Anyone Heard This? Says Its Hard On Cables. Put Some Smooth Mods On From An Allegience And Felt Good But Top Cable Would Pop In Mod At Last Second. If They Could Figure A Way To Get The Cam Lean Out Of The Top Cam, Those Allegience Mods Would Be The Way I Would Go.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
I would be inclined to say yes as I do not find Mathews particularly smooth drawing. Gradual sure, smooth...no. If you are looking to shoot a easy drawing bow, I think it would be much easier to shoot a 101st airborne at 50lbs vs. a Drenalin at 60lb.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I will say this, I think the Tribute is the best bow Bowtech has brought to the plate thus far (just my opinion) and at 70# with the smooth mods it was VERY close to my Mathews. It wasn't harsh per se, but it was indeed a littler stiffer (obviously), but it did not have that binary cam break over like alot of them do and as I said, all in all it is one smooth shooter.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
After Shooting Mathews Since 2002, I Bought A 101rst Airborne. I Just Picked It Up, Shot It And Something Just Got Me About That Bow. I Ordered One, Put In The Smooth Mods And It Felt A Little Smoother Than The Speed Mods, But In No Way, I Mean No Way As Smooth As My Switchback.

Dont Mean To Hijack But The Dealer Says Bowtech Told Him They Dont Recommend The Smooth Mods In The 82 Or 101. Has Anyone Heard This? Says Its Hard On Cables. Put Some Smooth Mods On From An Allegience And Felt Good But Top Cable Would Pop In Mod At Last Second. If They Could Figure A Way To Get The Cam Lean Out Of The Top Cam, Those Allegience Mods Would Be The Way I Would Go.
You will see pro and cons on this, one group says Bowtech says it is fine and another group that say not to do it... Who knows I heard of folks putting the speed mods from the 82nd in the Allegiance and picking up speed???

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
I will say this, I think the Tribute is the best bow Bowtech has brought to the plate thus far (just my opinion) and at 70# with the smooth mods it was VERY close to my Mathews. It wasn't harsh per se, but it was indeed a littler stiffer (obviously), but it did not have that binary cam break over like alot of them do and as I said, all in all it is one smooth shooter.
+1 on the Tribute, I still don't understand why they dropped what I think was their best bow.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I agree I think that was there best selling bow as well... The guradian replaced it and I think bowtech will increse the speeds on the Guardian for 09 maybe put some airborne cams on it??? and put a draw stop on it as well

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
I agree I think that was there best selling bow as well... The guradian replaced it and I think bowtech will increse the speeds on the Guardian for 09 maybe put some airborne cams on it??? and put a draw stop on it as well
I think they will drop the Guardian and the Commander, probably replace them with a "new" center pivot short/long ata series. Speeds will be higher on their Airbornes too I'd bet.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
With this supposed acquistion of Ross maybe thay plane on doign something with that bow line??? I heard that Bowtech next speed bow will be a split limb bow as well using the center pivot design.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I think they will drop the Guardian and the Commander, probably replace them with a "new" center pivot short/long ata series. Speeds will be higher on their Airbornes too I'd bet.

Well, from what I understand there are 2 bow companies that have a bow that will do 360 + fps (Bowtech isn't one of them) but neither of them have plans to release the bow because it has a horrible draw cycle. So until the industry can discover new materials and such, I think we have pretty much it the speed wall so to speak.

I do have to agree with 323 though, I am thinking the General/Guardian gets a little tweaking and gains about 6 fps or so.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Well, from what I understand there are 2 bow companies that have a bow that will do 360 + fps (Bowtech isn't one of them) but neither of them have plans to release the bow because it has a horrible draw cycle. So until the industry can discover new materials and such, I think we have pretty much it the speed wall so to speak.

I do have to agree with 323 though, I am thinking the General/Guardian gets a little tweaking and gains about 6 fps or so.
Wacth out PABowhunt4 life someone might think you are stirring the pot LOL... Agreed the speed thing has been tapped for awhile... The only thing they can do is tweek the current speed bows and make them a little more forgiving and keep the same speeds...

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Wacth out PABowhunt4 life someone might think you are stirring the pot LOL... Agreed the speed thing has been tapped for awhile... The only thing they can do is tweek the current speed bows and make them a little more forgiving and keep the same speeds...
I know :ROFLMAO:................. I mean heck, since that's all I want to do on here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,765 Posts

They can pull another 10 out of a bow, heck, the blowies won't notices the difference in the draw cycle, it's already like the Grand Canyon in reverse:wink: A little tweaking, but you have to admit, they WILL change the name, and raise the price:rolleyes:

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I have had 5 Bowtechs and think the Tribute with smooth mods was one of the best bows I have cam across. I sold my 06 thinking I was gonna get an 08 or 09......wish I would of kept it now. :cry:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts