Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have it, how do you like it? Describe what you use (length and weight) and what you use it for. Like Hunting or 3-D or Indoor.

And I'm not looking for a comparison to B-Stinger.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I am using the 8" with the single weight. I use it for hunting and 3-d shooting. It on my aplhamax32 and My APA viper. Works great!

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
I have the 8" Camo with a single weight on my PSE Omen and also use it on my PSE Diablo. I have the 12" shaft as well and I like it for 3D but prefer the 8" for hunting!!! Both are rock solid and are amazing. Here is a few pictures. The one is in my treestand in the woods a few days ago. The other was a double set of Robin Hoods that I shot in the same group of 10 arrows(lets just say I only have 6 Arramids now). I took this in the garage cause the light was too low outside for a good picture.

I wouldnt even hesitate if I were you if you are even wondering how good these are. The Staff and CS is top notch and best of all down to earth people!!!

Feel to get ahold of me if you need any other info!!

Brian

Attachments

·
Loving Me Some Spirals!
13,471 Posts
I think this is going to be my new Stabilizer once I get the money together.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
I have the 12 with 8 ounces of weight. inch models and use it for everything. The main thing that I noticed when I put on the bow is that it took all of the side to side movement out of my sight picture. Bow was very steady. I normally use a lot longer of a stabilizer to acheive close to the results I have now but get better results with the shorter stab.

As you can tell from my avatar, I truly believe in the product.

Here are a couple of my rigs so you can see how good they look on different bows.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the looks of the stab for sure. And I like the concept with the weight distrobution. Is it safe to assume that the 8oz weight is the going weight that most are going with? And I will also assume that this weight is plenty for doing it's job. I will be using this for hunting mostly and then some 3-D. My Alien is blacked out so I will surely go with flat black. Still am not sure on the 12" or 8".

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I would say the 8" due to you hunting. It will work great for 3-d as well. You dont need the length and weight as most remember. I have a guy that was shooting a 24" of another brand (I dont like to bash) and now uses the 12" S.S. and hold better with it. I am sure it will work for you.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
I would also recommend the 8 inch one.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 8" was what I was thinking. I'll be looking forward to shoot with it so I can see if it's what everyone is saying. I have shot the B-Stinger so I have somewhat of an idea of what to expect. The biggest thing I'm looking forward to the side to side stability. I use a Hogg-It all the way out so that adds to the movement some to. But I hope this will correct it.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
The 8" was what I was thinking. I'll be looking forward to shoot with it so I can see if it's what everyone is saying. I have shot the B-Stinger so I have somewhat of an idea of what to expect. The biggest thing I'm looking forward to the side to side stability. I use a Hogg-It all the way out so that adds to the movement some to. But I hope this will correct it.
Be sure to use a relaxed grip and let the stab do it's job.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
ttt

Best Money You Can Spend On A Stabilizer! Jason Is A+++++++ to deal with!

ErikR

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Be sure to use a relaxed grip and let the stab do it's job.
Funny you say that. My boys both shoot and I am always telln them to relax their grip. That is probably my pet peev. Grip will affect so much and cause you to be so inconsistant. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Great stab!!!

I don't think you will go wrong with either the 8" or the 12" I have both lengths and they do a great job. I shoot the 12" camo in my hoyt with the 8 oz weight, this is my hunting bow. I used the 8" for 3D on my PSE X-force 7 also with the 8 oz. I loved the 8" in the 13oz (2 five ounce rings and 3 ounce hub) for the PSE but was too much for a long day shooting.

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
4" worked great on my bow ... super stable and strangely enough really took what shock out of the bow ... it just sits there ... only weighs 9oz total

Katera XL -4" Smooth Stability

These guys really have a nice product...

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Funny you say that. My boys both shoot and I am always telln them to relax their grip. That is probably my pet peev. Grip will affect so much and cause you to be so inconsistant. Thanks for your input.
More than welcome. Torque on the grip can make you do all kinds of funny things. Most of all, be incosistent.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you are looking for a stab. to hunt with then I would definitely go with the 8", but if you are also looking to do some 3D shooting then you may want to add a weight for even more stability. But you wont need to do that until you shoot with just one weight. Your 8" will act like most open class stabilizers, but you have the upperhand for experienced hunter class, or just hunter class. I hope everyone has answered all your questions and we hope to be hearing from you soon. Thinks so much.
Sales
Tyler:set1_signs009:

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just received my ss stab over last weekend, and so far im loving it, tight groups for what im using it for, which is mainly hunting, but i am getting interested in 3D. im using the 12 with 8, i will take some pics and post by tomorrow!

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Be sure to. Would love to see. Glad you are happy with it as I am with mine.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts