Votes: 75 22.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 18 5.3%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on a commercial that Mathews advertises their new z7 as their smoothest hunting bow yet. What do you all mathews owners think? Is the z7 really their smoothest hunting bow to date?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Smooth but????

Yup it's smooth, but

Not near as smooth as a Dren, or Dren LD. Just marketing at work. Next year it will be something else!!!!!!

Best, Barvid

·
Registered
43 Posts
I own the Z7 and my previous two bows were both Mathews (SBXT and FeatherMax). The Switchback XT was the smoothest for sure, but I like my Z7 better overall.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
IMHO the SBXT and DXT are the smoothest to date, not the Z7:mg:

·
HUNT'N SWAMP DONKEYS
4,977 Posts
DXT and SBXT

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've shot most and in my opinion it's a toss up between the Switchback(or S2) and the sbxt. They're both smooth as butter and dead at the shot

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I've shot most and in my opinion it's a toss up between the Switchback(or S2) and the sbxt. They're both smooth as butter and dead at the shot

x2. I've shot the Drenalin series, owned a DLD for a while, shot several other models. Nothing beats the Switchback and Switchback xt for smoothness.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
I honestly don't even know what smoothest means. Does it just mean no hump in the draw?
Because I think the z7 is as smooth a draw as any Mathews I have shot just a little harder draw because of more power

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
a1hoyt.ca

You know funny I shot a SwithBack XT and it was a good bow but the Z7 I owened for a few days this year was very smooth.

·
Registered
788 Posts
sbxt

I love my Z7 and wouldn't go back for anything, but the sbxt was a little bit smoother. The trade off for the extra speed of the Z7 is worth it in my book.

·
Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,533 Posts
Very hard to beat the smoothness of the Switchback / XT / S2....although the old Outback was pretty darned smooth too. Overall, I like my Z7 better than any previous Mathews I have owned.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I have had alot of them, MQ32, LX, regular Switchback, Drenalin, and now the Switchback XT, have shot the Z7 at the pro shop, but IMO the SBXT is by far the best.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
i havent shot all of these bows but out of the few i have shot the Z7 was the smoothest i thought

·
Registered
18,504 Posts
I've owned several, all were smooth, with the exception of the Reezen :mg:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts