Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the favorite out there for hunting at 31 inch draw, trying to get away from the hump and dump, last new bow was a 13 CPXL in 80 lb , might move down to 70lb to lengthen my shooting sessions due to fatigue , any and all opinions welcome , looking for a new bow

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,538 Posts
I'd give the Experience or Prodigy on the smooth setting a try.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I wouldn't call the prodidy super smooth at 31" regardless of setting. It's certainly not too bad in the smooth setting but that cam is still rolled over pretty good and a solid hump exists.....

·
Registered
748 Posts
I shoot a Synergy at 31", super smooth and a great shooter, holds well, huge back wall!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Give the Defiant 34 a try.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Elite Pure.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Some of my main contenders are the decree hd, prime rival, impulse 34, energy 35, apa m34, and last the defiant 34 but the new press fingers scare me from that bow. Another option is the excentric 7 and defcon m7 but both scare me because of the short ata. I have a lot of shooting to do this summer

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in the same boat. Some of my main contenders are the decree hd, prime rival, impulse 34, energy 35, apa m34, and last the defiant 34 but the new press fingers scare me from that bow. Another option is the excentric 7 and definitely m7 but both scare me because of the short ata. I have a lot of shooting to do this summer
Yes, at 31 in draw most guys don't understand the draw cycle changes at this length, I'm not a fan of 6 in brace bows or under 34 AtA

·
Registered
340 Posts
A pse vendetta xl. I think it goes to 31. No mod swapping at all.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The PSE Decree HD ti is the next one on my list to buy. I have a 31.5" DL so my choices become rather limited. This one I shot last Saturday at the local shop and I was properly impressed. Very smooth in the draw cycle, solid drop into the valley and 80% letoff. Shot super smooth. Only issue was a bit of a vibration at the shot however, swapped on my stabilizer off my current bow and it was gone. Have to say that it was an awesome shooter to me.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Other than the obsessions mentioned try a PSE Beast is essentially a long draw Supra

1 - 20 of 32 Posts