Archery Talk Forum banner

snap shooting?

1000 4
Just got a new Bowtech and love it but i have a tendency to snap the shot off right when i get anchored. I practice regulary and try to stop the bad habit,anybody got any tips?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,006 Posts
What do you mean "snap the shot off". Like flinching?
If so, it's sort of a form of target panic. Try some blind bailing, or try to concentrate on slowly putting the finger on the trigger.
Hope that helps, and I hope you get it all sorted out!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the tips, thats exactly what my dasd told me, i did the blind bail and i do fine when i am at a close range but when i get out past 25 yards i start getting target panic as you said and everything falls apart.

· Registered
1,568 Posts
it'll take time keep working on the blank bail
also try starting at 5 yds, shooting a large target...after a day or two move back 5 more yds and so on. if your tp comes back go closer 5 yds for another day or 2 and then continue moving back.

· P#NW045
12,856 Posts
I had target panic but not quite this bad. I started to shoot a back tension release, about a month ago. It has really helped me even with me strap release. Before I would shoot 220 or 230 with a hoyt proelite. I now shoot 280 or 290 with an alapha max.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.