Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody been the prey or the predator of a Snipe hunt??

I thought of taking my two friends on a snipe hunt after deer season or sometime soon. LoL,, i can see them out in the dark with the bag and light now!

I plan on using the method of telling them that they have to shine the light into the bag and the snipes will just fly right in.. Then they have to hit it with a crowbar lol. I'll take a camera so you can see them making the snipe call!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I hunt snipe alnost every years. I find high brass six's to be best because they often jump pretty far out.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Been on Snipe hunts lots of times growing up in La.! I have to disagree on the other thing though, I like 7 1/2's! Them suckers are hard to hit!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have been the guide on many a snipe hunt, best one had to be when my parents hosted an exchange student from Norway. Had him with a feed sack and a flashlight jumping in circles making the notorious "snipe" call for about 30 minutes before he tired out. Only wish someone there had had a video camera. Those of us that were "guides" that night still laugh about that one.

·
Registered
12,057 Posts
I got burned on this one by my dad of all people :D :D. I was a kid in cub scouts and my dad and another dad were the leaders. Me and my "partner" would have probably been out there all night holding that stupid bag and light if they hadn't taken pity on us LOL! Good luck on your friends, a classic prank...

On the other type of hunt, I'd go with the 71/2's for the tighter pattern. ;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Easykeeper said:
I got burned on this one by my dad of all people :D :D. I was a kid in cub scouts and my dad and another dad were the leaders. Me and my "partner" would have probably been out there all night holding that stupid bag and light if they hadn't taken pity on us LOL! Good luck on your friends, a classic prank...

On the other type of hunt, I'd go with the 71/2's for the tighter pattern. ;)
What's a prank?

I once had several Snipe within yards of my light one fall night. If I could just have gotten the call perfectly right I'd have bagged both of 'em.

I love Snipe hunting. Very relaxing. :wink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was asked to go on a fake snipe hunt, since I actually hunt snipe (yes they exist and yes there is a season) I brought my usual weapon of choice, Remington 1100. The pranksters felt a little uneasy when most people had flashlights and I showed up with a 12 gauge shotgun. :eek:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
can someone post a picture of a snipe...just curious as to what they look like..thanks

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Wow, I have seen several of them while hunting thru the years here in ohio.....thats funny....always thought they were woodcocks....or sumthing..

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
We set up some boys years ago with a light, bag and a stick. All was funny till they got one. It turned out to be a very badly beaten field mouse, but it was more than I ever got before I learned my lesson.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts