Archery Talk Forum banner

Snow strut for the white Hen

1646 Views 22 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  JG358
Just a couple pics for those like myself still stuck on the sidelines!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got this clown running around with his rack still on. I ratteled him in during the rut. I was a bit suprised to have him come to the rattle in NJ.

Attachments

· Registered
2,201 Posts
What, NJ? ...are you allowed to hunt and have guns and bows in NJ?

In all seriousness, those are some cool pictures. Piebald Hen Turkey is cool.

· Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Is that your turkey blind in the back ground?? LOL
Nope to close to the feeder for NJ rules. It was used by the old guys for a deer bind though. Last season I shot a jake and he ran with the arrow in him. I jumped him 45 minuets later and he ran tward the car. I came back a few hours latter and he was camped out under the car. I walked up to the car and scanned the woods with my bicnoculars never seeing the turkey right in front of me. I went to step forward and I heard my arrow scrape the corner panel of the car as the jake rounded the car to make his getaway. I lost my first turkey cause he hid under that darn car!

· Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What, NJ? ...are you allowed to hunt and have guns and bows in NJ?

In all seriousness, those are some cool pictures. Piebald Hen Turkey is cool.
Not for long is my guess!

there are 3 in this area. I could sware I saw six in one flock earlier this year but only got 3 on camera at one time.

· Registered
3,547 Posts
Good pics bud!
I heard some gobbling here at the camp!!
Man i cant wait..saw a big boy in full strutt for 3 hens yesterday.

· Registered
1,083 Posts
I love the mobile blind in the background. Just think of the possibilites if you can keep that thing running. Although it would present some drawing cycle issues if you have a tall axle to axle...:)

· Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Good pics bud!
I heard some gobbling here at the camp!!
Man i cant wait..saw a big boy in full strutt for 3 hens yesterday.
I'll be heading out for 10 days at the end of the KY season. May 3rd to the 10th. I plan to work my way back through OH. If I get tagged outin KY I will be in OH earlier. KY hunts morning to night so I'll have a good chance at tagging early since noone hunts the grounds there much for turkey and there are overcrowded with'em. That and my new stuffer decoy should do some dammage!

· Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love the mobile blind in the background. Just think of the possibilites if you can keep that thing running. Although it would present some drawing cycle issues if you have a tall axle to axle...:)
It's as mobile as its gonna get. Its got 25' trees groung through it. Otherwise I'd have had it place in a better location with more comfy seats.

· Registered
5,236 Posts
Cool pics

· Registered
3,547 Posts
I'll be heading out for 10 days at the end of the KY season. May 3rd to the 10th. I plan to work my way back through OH. If I get tagged outin KY I will be in OH earlier. KY hunts morning to night so I'll have a good chance at tagging early since noone hunts the grounds there much for turkey and there are overcrowded with'em. That and my new stuffer decoy should do some dammage!
If you are gonna make it to Ohio let me know and maybe we can hook up..
Ive got 11days starting the 25th of April.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.